Chankanaab or Money Bar

Maine_bill

First Cruise to Cozumel ..leaving New Orleans on Sunday Feb 1st. My wife and i have bareboated in the BVI over the last 14 years, so familiar with the warmer reaches south of the US. We are 65 years old (Don't tell her i said so)..like to snorkel and don't need large crowds or places too touristy ( i know we ARE tourists). Thinking of just a relaxing day...so ...Mooney Bar or Chankanaab?

thanks for your replies

I think the snorkeling is about equal at both.

Chank also offers a separate beach area and other amenities (dolphin shows, etc.) but charges an admission fee of about $20 each.

Money Bar charges no admission fee, but also has no beach area - just a small sandy area for sunning/relaxing.

You will enjoy both - your call.

Money Bar verses Chankanaab:

No entrance fee, smaller crowd, less young children, good snorkeling, with Money Bar. More people, more to do, more families, entrance fee, cruise ships usually run tours here, with Chankanaab. We enjoyed both, but our main purpose for going to Chankanaab was snorkel with the manatees. I would choose Money Bar, but that is me. I'm just summarizing how I see the two. What you pick, depends on what you are looking for, and I don't think either one would be a bad choice. Hope this helps. Enjoy your day!:)

Corona Beach Club is another option, less crowded than Money Bar, less boat traffic, good snorkeling, good service, friendly, changing area, a small sandy area with tables, no entrance fee, they will watch your stuff while you snorkel, just buy some food and drinks. Its a short way past Chankaab.

Corona Beach Club is another option, less crowded than Money Bar, less boat traffic, good snorkeling, good service, friendly, changing area, a small sandy area with tables, no entrance fee, they will watch your stuff while you snorkel, just buy some food and drinks. Its a short way past Chankaab.

Can you just take a cab here, or do you have to pre-book?

Thanks

Never heard of it before

Safe travels.