Complimentary Hot Cocoa?

Lorabelle

I believe they always have Nestle's Swiss Miss hot chocolate packets at the Lido. Good idea to pick up a few when you see them to keep them as back-ups in your cabin, incase they are not out and available during the hours the Lido is closed. Quite good even with just the hot water, but you can add some cream or milk to them too for extra creaminess. Or even get a squirt of whipped cream at the ice cream station.

Do you have another brand you prefer?

• 3 weeks later...

Is the hot chocolate incorporated into the machine in the Neptune Lounge? Or simply hot water (or milk?) for packets? We are booked across the hall from the NL in two weeks onboard Noordam, and that was one of the factors I may or may not have used to help coerce my husband ;)

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Is the hot chocolate incorporated into the machine in the Neptune Lounge? Or simply hot water (or milk?) for packets? We are booked across the hall from the NL in two weeks onboard Noordam, and that was one of the factors I may or may not have used to help coerce my husband ;)

Only packets and hot water from the espresso machine in the Neptune Lounge according to my photographs.

Whether you are in a Neptune Suite or not -- no matter where you ask for hot chocolate -- even at the Exploration Cafe -- it is in packets.

I have never had Hot Chocolate from the Explorations Cafe made from packets. It's a pre-mixed cocoa powder & sugar, but not a packet like Swiss Miss. The Explorations Cafe also adds chocolate syrup and steamed milk from the espresso machine so it's definitely not the same as a packet of hot cocoa mixed with hot water.

I have never had Hot Chocolate from the Explorations Cafe made from packets. It's a pre-mixed cocoa powder & sugar, but not a packet like Swiss Miss. The Explorations Cafe also adds chocolate syrup and steamed milk from the espresso machine so it's definitely not the same as a packet of hot cocoa mixed with hot water.

Me either, and this is not an infrequent stop for me. I watch them make it, putting the syrup in, and even ask that it be very, very hot.

At least at breakfast in the Lido, you can take your mug over to the Eggs Benedict station and ask for some hot milk to be added. Makes it a bit creamier.

Whether you are in a Neptune Suite or not -- no matter where you ask for hot chocolate -- even at the Exploration Cafe -- it is in packets.

I knew it was available elsewhere but was curious if right across the hall in NL as well for glacier viewing day and quick access. Super excited!! :)