public transport from miami airport to port

tagabukid

I can't speak with certainty, but I can say that it would be a rare thing indeed if the public bus allowed passengers to bring on full size luggage such as that for a cruise.

Taxi sounds like the way to go.

beachchick

You could use public buses to get from the airport to the cruise port, but the only reason would be just to prove it can be done. According to the Miami-Dade transit web site, you'd need to take two or three different buses to make the trip. Absolutely not worth it, except for bragging rights (although who would you brag to about it?).

I can't speak with certainty, but I can say that it would be a rare thing indeed if the public bus allowed passengers to bring on full size luggage such as that for a cruise.

Taxi sounds like the way to go.

beachchick

I have done this, from the airport to South Beach, and trust me - you'll be much happier taking a cab! The bus gets crowded and hot, takes forever, and goes through some shadier parts of town. At one point, the bus driver had to pull over and threaten to call the cops on this obnoxious drunk. And yes, it's a pain trying to keep the full-sized luggage from getting in the way of all the other passengers. Never again! :(

I have done this, from the airport to South Beach, and trust me - you'll be much happier taking a cab! The bus gets crowded and hot, takes forever, and goes through some shadier parts of town. At one point, the bus driver had to pull over and threaten to call the cops on this obnoxious drunk. And yes, it's a pain trying to keep the full-sized luggage from getting in the way of all the other passengers. Never again! :(

That sure doesn't sound like fun. I'm surprised they allow full size luggage because many public bus systems do not. There's usually no space for it and passengers are required to keep their belongings either under their seat or in their laps. They may not protrude or block the aisles and they may not take an extra seat for their items. I know that some have exceptions for people such as musicians who can't exactly leave their instrument at home or parents with a stroller who also can't just fold it up and stuff it under a seat.

No way would we try it on a regular public bus in the US.

beachchick

I have done it & the answer is sort of. You take a bus from the AP to the justice complex downtown. Then you switch busses to a tourist shuttle that goes to the port. It's a P.I.T.A.; we did it b/c we flew in the day of the cruise & got there very early so it was a cheap time killer.

You can access the Miami Dade public transit system on line but I never had much luck with their trip planning tool.

Archived