Viking overlapping tours

zitsky

For example, there is a Vienna city tour AM/PM. There is also a Schonbrunn Palace tour that I'm considering. Do the AM/PM tours take you back to the boat for lunch? That would let me hop on the palace tour. Or would it be better to skip the city tour altogether, maybe walk around on our own then do the optional palace tour?

When you sign up for a tour if the second tour conflicts the Viking site will not let you book it. Most of the Viking tours return you to the ship for lunch. If they include lunch it is specified as such. On our recent cruise we opted to stay in town on or own to tour and got our own lunch We subsequently did Schonbrunn on our own. It was quite simple as the ubahn stops right at it. Riding the ubahn is easy but I caution you to be careful of pickpockets as one tried to hit on me but failed.

We took the am city tour of Vienna and then the bus took us back for lunch in time to get on the bus for the Palace tour.

This was our experience as well. I think Viking Journey site does not display this very well. I had the same concern as OP before our recent cruise.

FYI the Vienna city tour is mostly a bus ride with some walking. Not bad, not great.

The afternoon Schonbrunn Palace tour was fun. Nice tour inside, and we spent the free time before the ride back walking around the beautiful rear palace gardens and statuary.

FYI the Vienna city tour is mostly a bus ride with some walking. Not bad, not great.

The afternoon Schonbrunn Palace tour was fun. Nice tour inside, and we spent the free time before the ride back walking around the beautiful rear palace gardens and statuary.

We were offered two ways to do included tour in Vienna: mainly a bus tour OR an all walking tour that used the subway to get into town. (Maybe we took a brief ride to subway. Don't remember.)

We took and loved the walking tour version.

We were offered two ways to do included tour in Vienna: mainly a bus tour OR an all walking tour that used the subway to get into town. (Maybe we took a brief ride to subway. Don't remember.)

FWIW, in April 2016, our tour was a combination - a bus trip around the city, that dropped us and then a pretty intense walking tour. Afterwards, we rejoined the bus and went straight back to the ship for lunch. We then took the announced the night before subway/walking tour of the City Market with the Chef - it was free (except for the subway) and was great!

Yes. Would have taken the walking tour were it offered. Went in 2014.