Amsterdam - Getting to the airport on time

Since you book the transfer through HAL, most lilkely they will tell you not to book before noon or even 1 pm.

In case you want to have an earlier flight, simply take a cab (around E. 60,-), traveltime will be around 30 minutes depending traffic. or one of the frequent trains from Amsterdam Centraal to Schiphol airport.

Remember most airlines to the USA want you to checkin 3 hours before departure.

We want to fly back to the US after the same day our cruise ends in Amsterdam. What is the earliest that we should book our flight out of Amsterdam to make it on time? We will be booking the transfer with HAL. Thank you

Just came back from Amsterdam last week on Koningsdam. To give you some idea of timing, we were scheduled to docked at 7 am, but were a little late, it was about 7.45 am when they first called independent walk off passengers (ie. take your own luggages). Our group was 4th or 5th group (color+ number) - got off at around 8.20 am. Found luggages and taxi (plenty waiting by the exit) and was at the airport a little after 9 am.

Complete the luggages drop off, security and border control in about 40 minutes. Our flight was at 12.40 pm so plenty time left to shop at the airport!

We did check in online previous night but probably could have check in at the airport also. KLM has many kiosks to check in.

• 7 months later...
Just starting to research for upcoming trip in July. We are on Celebrity. I can book a 10:30am flight upon arrival back to Amsterdam(on their choice air site)! That seems pretty early, but they must know what they are doing?!

or maybe not ;)

I would not book International flights before noon unless you are staying in a hotel the night before & have control over what time you get to the airport

or maybe not ;)

I would not book International flights before noon unless you are staying in a hotel the night before & have control over what time you get to the airport

That is why I booked that flight through the cruise line...they will get you home some way (at least in theory they "guarantee" it)

(we are elite with the airline they used...so that would also help a little if a problem)

That is why I booked that flight through the cruise line...they will get you home some way (at least in theory they "guarantee" it)

(we are elite with the airline they used...so that would also help a little if a problem)

Good luck

In theory they may get you home but what if the other flights are fully booked