Solo Cruiser's Roll Call

42CruiseCrazy

Doing Princess Crown September 17-24, New England Canada. $799 before fees and $150 onboard credit. Seemed good to me. Was surprised at the solo price. Inside room. It's from Brooklyn, so can take a train from Baltimore.

Sent from my BLU STUDIO 5.5 HD using Forums mobile app

This is a cruise that I've had on my list of ones to do. Saw your post and contacted my travel agent. I'm Canadian so the price of the cruise is a little higher but I also got $200USD in on-board credit to offset the costs.

Thanks for sharing the info!

Where did you find the New England Canada cruise on Princess Crown for $799? The website I looked at said an inside cabin would be $1998 for a solo.

I didn't find it for that - an earlier poster did. When I went in, the price was just over $1000. I do know my travel agent mentioned the sale ends today. Perhaps give Princess a call directly or through a travel agent to see if the pricing is still available.

Headed down South on the Grandeur of the Seas in a few weeks, it will only be my 2nd solo cruise and while I am really looking forward to it, I am also a little nervous. I usually go with a group, but really want to be at sea on Super Bowl Sunday. (ha!ha!).

I'm leaving tonight to head down to FLL where, on Sunday, I'll board the Regal Princess for a 14-day jaunt around the Caribbean. I'm both excited and experiencing a bit of trepidation as this will be my first ever solo cruise.

Adjusting to the fact that my traveling partner passed away in December from the effects of agent orange. Also adjusting to the increased cost in solo cruising since most of my other friends are younger and still working, or have no money!!

WindStar - Dreams of Tahiti - 8/2017 - 8 days

Celebrity, Silhouette - Southern Caribbean - 12/2017 - 9 days

Viking, Sea - West Indies Explorer - 1/2018 - 11 days

Princess, Royal - NE/Canada - 9/2018 - 10 days

Adjusting to the fact that my traveling partner passed away in December from the effects of agent orange. Also adjusting to the increased cost in solo cruising since most of my other friends are younger and still working, or have no money!!

WindStar - Dreams of Tahiti - 8/2017 - 8 days

Celebrity, Silhouette - Southern Caribbean - 12/2017 - 9 days

Viking, Sea - West Indies Explorer - 1/2018 - 11 days

Princess, Royal - NE/Canada - 9/2018 - 10 days

I always say that about my friends too...I found a pretty good deal on AMA...they give you a break on a single supplement even on the upgraded cabins. Other lines only waive if you are in the cheap seats

I've cruised three times on my own but joined the solo group on Norwegian Pearl in October and met a bunch of great people. I enjoy being on my own except at meal time and we all sat together st two large tables every night and had a lot of fun, I highly recommend it.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Allure March 12 2017

I am sailing solo on the Allure of the Seas this March. DH doesn't like cruises. All my cruises have been solo. Love them!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I'm sailing on Allure on 24 September 2017. First time on this ship, so I'm curious to read about your experience as a solo on her.

I'm sailing on Allure on 24 September 2017. First time on this ship, so I'm curious to read about your experience as a solo on her.

Good morning all,

I will be cruising solo on the Grandeur of the Seas on March 18, 2017 out of Baltimore. Is anyone else going solo on this cruise?

Thanks. Hope everyone has a great day.

Reeve

The next of the many solo cruises I have taken will be on Regal Princess 3/19/2017. Snagged one of the last 3 available Club Class Mini Suites for under $900 (no supplement, group space). This will be my 2nd sailing on Regal. Really looking forward to it & to trying this new cabin class that has an enhanced Anytime dining menu with no waiting.

My last solo was on the new HAL Konigsdam in mid Dec. LOVED this ship & will definitely go again. Ship was elegant, food was great & service impeccable. Could have booked a solo cabin but they are very small & forward on a low deck. Instead I opted for a large midship interior for less (150 % supplement as I booked late). Was 9 days & liked it so much I wish I had booked a b2b. Ship was full but never seemed crowded. Vibe on ship very similar to what you would expect with Celebrity without the constant upsell. They only have 12 solo cabins which are outsides so if you are interested book early. However, I did not think they were a bargain & are in a lousy location.

I'm leaving tonight to head down to FLL where, on Sunday, I'll board the Regal Princess for a 14-day jaunt around the Caribbean. I'm both excited and experiencing a bit of trepidation as this will be my first ever solo cruise.

I am sailing on Regal solo for a 2nd time in mid March. No worries you are going to have a wonderful time!!! Be sure & have a pizza at Alfredos. It is a great alternative to the Horizon court on embarkation day. It is a "sit down" restaurant & they serve more than just pizza. Also, I recommend getting a coffee card. It comes with 15 punches & can also be used for specialty teas, hot chocolate & gelato. You can also us it with no punch to get regular "drip"

coffee. This is NOT the same thing as the yucky coffee served elsewhere on the ship. The card does not expire & if you have punches left you can use it on any other Princess ship. I bought 2 cards last time so I have 12 punches to use. Card was $29 when I bought in in 2015 & I think it is now $36 but still a bargain.

Have taken many solo cruises & it is my preference. I like the freedom but I always meet people. I get my own cabin even if I am traveling with friends. Just like having my own space.

Hello!

I just booked a solo cabin on this cruise, my first time cruising with NCL!

If anyone else is joining, or considering booking this cruise, please give a shout out :)

Did join the roll call for this sailing as well.

Looking forward to cruising with you great people!

Hi my first cruise - so excited and it's a year away! Anyone joining me? Love to hear from you! Lynn

You need to post the cruise in the body. Titles don't show up on the app.

Congrats on your first cruise-- get ready to be hooked!

Edited by denatravels

Whoops! Thanks for the tip - new to this! How can I edit the original post? Thanks

Good morning, you only have 15 minutes to edit a post so you are out of luck.

Just start a new thread with all your information:)

Edited by Lois R

You need to post the cruise in the body. Titles don't show up on the app.

Congrats on your first cruise-- get ready to be hooked!

Hi Lynn, Welcome to CruiseCritic. Enjoy sailing on the Britannia on March 2, 2018. (There, it's done.)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk