Cab/taxi MIA to hotel

MikeNKim

Is there any particular taxi/cab company to use from the airport to a port area hotel?

Just not sure if it is ok to use whatever is there or is it better to use a certain company?

I usually stay at hotels that have shuttles but Holiday inn doesn't so need to make other arrangements

Thank you

Is there any particular taxi/cab company to use from the airport to a port area hotel?

Just not sure if it is ok to use whatever is there or is it better to use a certain company?

I usually stay at hotels that have shuttles but Holiday inn doesn't so need to make other arrangements

Thank you

As you exit baggage claim towards the ground transportation area, there will be a queue of various taxi companies: Yellow Cab, Checker Cab, Inter-City, etc.. I do not think there is a difference from one to another. However just be sure that if you are going to pay with a credit card, you request a driver that accepts that.

Edited by brunello22

Thank you for the quick response but I am looking at going from the airport to the hotel.

Oh, sorry. got confused by the Holiday Inn comment.

As the previous poster stated, as you exit from customs there will be a taxi line. There is a person there to call forward the next taxi for you.

Most taxi's offer a flat rate of $27 before tip. You can check with your driver if he does that. There is usually a sticker on the window inside saying which areas offer fixed rates.

There will be a line up area outside of the baggage claim with lots of taxi cabs. It will run around $28 and up for the taxi to the Holiday Inn. All will depend on what time of day you arrive and traffic of course.

Your other option is to use Uber. We do that often, will do it again tomorrow morning. It averages me anywhere from $16 to $18 to go from MIA to the brickell area which is close to your hotel.

I just order it when I'm at baggage claim or if I'm not getting check bags as I'm walking off the plane.

There is a promo code on aa.com's front page if you haven't used them before for money off.

Thank you

I would take the first taxi available and that is what they will want you to do.

They all will charge the same amount from the airport to the Holiday Inn issuing they take the same route.

Drive is around 20 to 25 minutes depending on traffic. I am assuming you are talking about Holiday Inn Port of Miami.

Keith