Booking a Celebrity cruise onboard Azamara

Bobal

We will be onboard Azamara in a couple of weeks time and are considering booking a Celebrity cruise for next year. I know I can book Celebrity onboard Azamara but would I receive the same onboard booking benefits as if I had booked whilst onboard a Celebrity ship or are the benefits different and, if so, does anyone know what the current benefits are.

Thank you

Hi Ann. Yes, you can indeed book a Celebrity cruise on an Azamara sailing and get the same onboard booking benefits, which is usually a reduced deposit, an OBC of varying amounts depending upon length of cruise and the cabin booked and one additional perk that is on offer at the time (could be a free drinks package or additional OBC for example). I'm not sure what the current offer is and it's probably worth asking the question on the Celebrity board. If you do want to book one on Quest it's a good idea to go armed with as much information as you can so you don't miss out on anything. The Future Cruise person can always check it out for you whilst you are on the ship because the knowledge will be more limited. The Celebrity onboard booking program is more complicated than Azamara!

• 1 year later...
On 2/28/2017 at 8:52 AM, excitedofharpenden said:

Hi Ann. Yes, you can indeed book a Celebrity cruise on an Azamara sailing and get the same onboard booking benefits, which is usually a reduced deposit, an OBC of varying amounts depending upon length of cruise and the cabin booked and one additional perk that is on offer at the time (could be a free drinks package or additional OBC for example). I'm not sure what the current offer is and it's probably worth asking the question on the Celebrity board. If you do want to book one on Quest it's a good idea to go armed with as much information as you can so you don't miss out on anything. The Future Cruise person can always check it out for you whilst you are on the ship because the knowledge will be more limited. The Celebrity onboard booking program is more complicated than Azamara!

Phil, sorry I know this is an old post but it came up in my web search

Does this work in reverse ie we are on Celebrity in 2 weeks time. Do we get obc etc on azamara if we book an Azamara cruise on board Celebrity?

16 minutes ago, excitedofharpenden said:

Yes, you can do that too. Again just make sure you are armed with the perks you should get. 

Phil 

Do you get Celebrity perks or Azamara ones? If it is Azamara ones could you point me in the direction of where I could find it as I haven't found it in my internet trawl as yet.

Regards

Gordon 

You'll get the Azamara ones, which is basically a discount of between 3 and 10% depending upon your loyalty level and a reduced deposit of 50% unless booking a suite.  If you are doing a booking for a particular cruise then you'll also get OBC of $200 per stateroom, but $300 if you book in the first half of the cruise.  When I was on Solstice booking an Azamara cruise they were really clueless and the sales person was adamant she knew more than me (which is never a good thing to do! Lol).  If you book in the first half and want that extra $100 make sure they put CRUISENOW2 as a code. Full terms and conditions on this page a bit lower down:

https://www.azamaraclubcruises.co.uk/le-club-voyage/terms-conditions

Phil 

Edited by excitedofharpenden
  • Like 2

Thanks Phil, very helpful as ever. I have dumped the terms and conditions into word file on dropbox while I will download onto my ipad so that it is available. 

We are Elite plus on celebrity. Does that mean that we should get the discount based on the equivalent level i.e. Discoverer Plus at 7%. Do the bookings get referred to our TA in the same way as Celebrity? If so I will now see what sort of discount I can wrangle out of them.

I will be booking this in the first part of our cruise along with our Celebrity cruises for 2021. Celebrities pricing just now for Europe is getting ridiculous, like £12k for a Sky Suite for 11 nights. I used to get a RS for less than that for 14 nights. I had the same issue for this year and ended up booking MSC.

Thanks again for your help.

Edited by Gordoncruickshank

I’m very interested to see this thread revised as we’re thinking of booking a Celebrity 2020 cruise whilst on the Azamara Pursuit TA next month. 

Do we need to know specific offers from a U.K. agent before we board?  The current offer of an included Classic drinks package runs out on 4th March so I hope there’s a different one afterwards. 

Corinne

1 hour ago, excitedofharpenden said:

Yes to both questions.  Just make sure they have your ta details on file. It should carry through.  Then you can get any additional discount from them.  It's what I do and it works great.  

Phil 

Already spoken to TA and he is giving me the same discount as I always get. Celebrity already have the details.

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, cinnamon said:

I’m very interested to see this thread revised as we’re thinking of booking a Celebrity 2020 cruise whilst on the Azamara Pursuit TA next month. 

Do we need to know specific offers from a U.K. agent before we board?  The current offer of an included Classic drinks package runs out on 4th March so I hope there’s a different one afterwards. 

Corinne

If you book onboard you should get the Celebrity offer. This is their current one http://www.creative.rccl.com/Sales/Celebrity/General_Info/Flyers/FCV_Onboard_Offer_Feb_2019v1.pdf

While it runs out on 6th March there is a very good chance that it will be replaced by one just like this. Effectively this offer has been running onboard for months, if not years. 

19 hours ago, Gordoncruickshank said:

If you book onboard you should get the Celebrity offer. This is their current one http://www.creative.rccl.com/Sales/Celebrity/General_Info/Flyers/FCV_Onboard_Offer_Feb_2019v1.pdf

While it runs out on 6th March there is a very good chance that it will be replaced by one just like this. Effectively this offer has been running onboard for months, if not years. 

Thanks Gordon. We’ll need to check the offers after 6th March then. We leave U.K. on 18th.