Sheraton Fort Lauderdale Beach

Boatingmom

Can anybody who stayed here recently comment? I stayed here in the past when it was the YankeeClipper and I was a wee thing. I like the location however the website makes it look very modern/ contemporary actually minimalist now. Comments?

The place has 3 or 4 different buildings. We booked thru a discount site and got a real unappealing room...think plastic furniture. We had a sliver of a view. (Our friends paid rack rate and had a nicer room.) There are different levels of rooms to choose from. And the bldg on the beach obviously has the nicest views and design. We won't stay there again. Just too big, spread out and "unwarm" for our tastes. Not awful, just not our taste.

Can anybody who stayed here recently comment? I stayed here in the past when it was the YankeeClipper and I was a wee thing. I like the location however the website makes it look very modern/ contemporary actually minimalist now. Comments?

Book elsewhere!!!!

There are plenty of good hotels in this pricepoint. CC members will direct you

There are multiple buildings with this hotel. I haven't stayed there but I run by it many times on my morning runs.

• 2 weeks later...

I just got home from my cruise last night. I stayed at Sheraton Beach Resort for one night pre-cruise and had a great time. I booked the room with Last Minute Travel and got an oceanfront room which was a nice surprise. Room was lovely. Hotel is right on the beach and offers complimentary beach chairs. We ate in the hotel restaurant for dinner (Mexican) and had a great meal there as well as breakfast the next morning. I would not hesitate to stay here again.

Thanks all. Marie 51 you convinced me. I used points. FREE was the magic word. Close to the port and airport. I'll stay at the fancy place before my cruise. I did request a room on the ocean side of A1A and early checkin. Hopefully that will help. I actually wanted to come right home after my cruise but the Sunday flights were crazy high priced. It'll give me time to adjust

Thanks all. Marie 51 you convinced me. I used points. FREE was the magic word. Close to the port and airport. I'll stay at the fancy place before my cruise. I did request a room on the ocean side of A1A and early checkin. Hopefully that will help. I actually wanted to come right home after my cruise but the Sunday flights were crazy high priced. It'll give me time to adjust

Since you'll be arriving early, you will be able to request a room choice. If one will be avail that has a view, just have them store your bags and take the room when it's ready. You should be able to use the pool, beach etc while you wait. So store your swimsuit n your carry on so it's handy.;)

Great. I hope you get an oceanview room as I did. Also we arrived at about 12:30 and they let us check in at that time. We went out by the pool and had lunch.

Hope your experience is good. When you check in ask about the mermaid show. We didn't know what time it was scheduled and almost missed it.

We stayed there in March. We were in the beach building and from what I read this is where you want to request. Our room was great. Just walk out the door and onto Fort Lauderdale beach. Great pool bar. Its an older hotel so don't go there expecting a brand new Hilton Garden Inn type hotel.Walk to Baha Cabana just down the street for great breakfast and other meals. Nothing fancy but pretty good food and right on the marina. Also if you read the more recent reviews on trip advisor-they must have some new management or something because the reviews have gotten much better as of late

Edited by CFD130

We booked this hotel using our SPG reward points and was not disappointed. Stayed 9-21-14 for 2 nights. When we checked in we were told we were actually upgraded to a suite. Fantastic ocean view. The beach stay is attentive and made sure our afternoon on the beach was comfortable. Could use more dining choices but staff directed us to some good eats