when is the refurbushing going to be on Naviagator?

will the refurbish be done by Sept 5 2015? that is when my trip is? thank you 3 cats in a row.

The drydock will be completed by May 19 at the latest. Have a good Cruise.

Edited by DaveFr

• 4 weeks later...

Looks like the dry dock may be post-poned, or at least changed.

Suddenly a 10 day cruise departing Vancouver on May 10th appeared on the Regent website, leaving no Multi-day gap in the cruise schedule to do the dry dock.

Yes, but they may swap out the Navigator and place the Mariner there

Wouldn't that be difficult as both are in the Med at that time?

Also, looked at the Navigator schedule from now to the end of 2015 and no gaps in the schedule that would allow for Multi-day dry dock.

Edited by jongbj

Looks like the dry dock may be post-poned, or at least changed.

Suddenly a 10 day cruise departing Vancouver on May 10th appeared on the Regent website, leaving no Multi-day gap in the cruise schedule to do the dry dock.

Yes, but they may swap out the Navigator and place the Mariner there

Hmm. I was fantasizing about that May 20th trip, sounds great. Hadn't occurred to me it would be right after a drydock, which is now defunct. Not as appealing, somehow. I wonder when and where they will do the drydock--last time it was definitely in West Vancouver.

Tina, how would they swap Mariner in? You mean replace Navigator in Alaska for part of the season?

Hmm. I was fantasizing about that May 20th trip, sounds great. Hadn't occurred to me it would be right after a drydock, which is now defunct. Not as appealing, somehow. I wonder when and where they will do the drydock--last time it was definitely in West Vancouver.

Tina, how would they swap Mariner in? You mean replace Navigator in Alaska for part of the season?

I agree with the appeal a newly refurbished ship has. As we are booked on this cruise, we were looking forward to seeing and experiencing the refurbishments. Nonetheless, we are looking forward to this cruise and not having dry-docked would not have stopped us from booking.

Unfortunately, we were booked on the SFO to YVR itinerary which was cut short from nine to seven days to accomodate the refurbishement. Of course, this happened two weeks after we had booked it. We changed to a fourteen day Montreal to Miami cruise in Oct 2015 incurring additional costs due to the longer itinerary and cancelling frequent flyer flights, etc. Now, I feel like a schmuck since this itinerary has been reinstated. Story of my life.

El Cid 82

I agree with the appeal a newly refurbished ship has. As we are booked on this cruise, we were looking forward to seeing and experiencing the refurbishments. Nonetheless, we are looking forward to this cruise and not having dry-docked would not have stopped us from booking.

I agree, it was the itinerary that attracted me, and the date, didn't even think about the refur. We did Alaska in 2012 immediately before the last refurb and it was just fine.

Unfortunately, we were booked on the SFO to YVR itinerary which was cut short from nine to seven days to accomodate the refurbishement. Of course, this happened two weeks after we had booked it. We changed to a fourteen day Montreal to Miami cruise in Oct 2015 incurring additional costs due to the longer itinerary and cancelling frequent flyer flights, etc. Now, I feel like a schmuck since this itinerary has been reinstated. Story of my life.

Bummer. We loved the SFO-Vancouver itinerary in 2012.

While onboard the Voyager last month, there was a rumor that the Navigator and Mariner will be switched (emphasizing that this is a "rumor"). It would seem that the ships may not be sailing their typical itineraries as Regent prepares for their fourth ship. When the Explorer debuts in summer, 2016, I suspect that Regent will not keep three ships in the Med.

While onboard the Voyager last month, there was a rumor that the Navigator and Mariner will be switched (emphasizing that this is a "rumor"). It would seem that the ships may not be sailing their typical itineraries as Regent prepares for their fourth ship. When the Explorer debuts in summer, 2016, I suspect that Regent will not keep three ships in the Med.

Hmm. Two ships in the Med., one ship in the Baltic and one ship in Alaska. Do cruise ships go anywhere else in the world in our summer?

Bummer. We loved the SFO-Vancouver itinerary in 2012.

I contacted Regent yesterday and was pleased when offered to be reimbursed via OBC for my frequent flyer miles cancellation fees incurred due to the change in itinerary. Regardless, we were looking forward to this itinerary and will definitely book it in the future.

I would love to know why Regent cancelled the refurb.

El Cid

With Regent Explorer coming soon, perhaps Navigator will be sold? It is by far the weakest of Regent's thre ships.

I asked the same question of some Regent officers. It seems that the Navigator has some very serious fans -- they won't even sail on the other ships and she runs full most of the time. Apollo/PCH has poured money into her since they purchased the fleet and will continue to do so next year. Time will tell if, perhaps due to the basic structure of the ship, she is simply unfixable.

I do hope that they don't do away the Navigator, since I have booked the trip on Sept 5, 2015. 3 cats in a row

Don't worry. Even if Regent wanted to sell the Navigator (which I doubt), it wouldn't be until after the launch of the Explorer in the summer of 2016. She should be looking beautiful after the dry dock next year:)

3 Cats in a Row (love your screen name...I have 2 of my own).

We too are on the September 5, 2015 cruise - 21 days SFO to NYC.

I'm sure everything will be fine dry docked or not. I agree with Travel Cat...no way would they sell the Navigator before the Explorer joins the fleet.

Don't worry. Even if Regent wanted to sell the Navigator (which I doubt), it wouldn't be until after the launch of the Explorer in the summer of 2016. She should be looking beautiful after the dry dock next year:)

But that's the thing, looks like the dry dock was cancelled.

Verzonden vanaf mijn iPad met behulp van Forums

But that's the thing, looks like the dry dock was cancelled.

Verzonden vanaf mijn iPad met behulp van Forums

Interesting. On the RSSC website, was there a "break" in the schedule for the spring of 2015 that no longer exists? Not sure what is going on:confused: