Upgrading room?

CruiseNwill

I have a question if the cruise is a week out and there is over 1/2 the aft balconies and let's say 1/2 the spa balconies how would I go about upgrading?

Would it be easier to do on ship or calling in?

I would call in. When you get to the port I don't believe the people there have the authority to upgrade you. Besides, why wait.

Harriet

I want to get it for as cheap as possible and right now they are not cheap (still $650) to upgrade from my balcony to an aft and $450 for a spa. I find this strafe as they still have so many available. I was wondering if once on ship they would make it cheaper or complementary. Or when they may do it cheap or complimentary on the phone.

I've never heard of anyone being upgraded on the ship. Why don't you give them a call?

Agree with this.

After all, even if they did do upgrades last minute, there would need to be a cabin AVAILABLE to upgrade you into. People on pier just check you in. People at front desk usually have a sign there are no other cabins available.

Watch the rates, then call when you think it is one you would pay.

I was wondering if once on ship they would make it cheaper or complementary.

You're assuming they leave the dock with those rooms otherwise unoccupied. I'm betting they get filled by hook or by crook before they pull up anchor.

Still, the worst they can say is No.

I don't recall seeing anything about upgrading once on. Oars that's why I asked because I have read that someone got an extra room for no charge.

They had 4 people in one room and asked about paying for another one (since there were open rooms and they were comped the extra room.

I don't recall seeing anything about upgrading once on. Oars that's why I asked because I have read that someone got an extra room for no charge.

They had 4 people in one room and asked about paying for another one (since there were open rooms and they were comped the extra room.

Can you link us to where you read that - getting an extra room, for free?

Never, ever heard of such a thing. Not saying it could not happen, just never heard of it.

You might be able to get an upgrade but I wouldn't count on it based on an instance that I would consider very unusual. Slight upgrades do happen. Sometimes OBC. Major upgrades are rare.

We have upgraded for free prior to the cruise when the price of the higher level room came down to what I paid (went from an SF to an SC)

I have paid to upgrade on the ship when there were rooms available (Went from BC to MA for $200)

I wouldn't expect a free upgrade when the rooms you are looking at are priced much higher than your current rate.

I have a question if the cruise is a week out and there is over 1/2 the aft balconies and let's say 1/2 the spa balconies how would I go about upgrading?

I have called my travel agent a week before sailing and was able to upgrade from an inside to a balcony for $500. I thought that was great since it was originally $1000 more per person. If they have rooms available, they would rather move you and make some extra money.

If the cost is currently $650 and $450 I don't think they will be comping those rooms. They will always sell you a room at the going rate, free upgrades don't happen nearly as often as people think. Once in a while there will be a report of a freebie, but it's pretty rare. Otherwise, everyone would just wait till the end and get a free trip. Best to buy the room you want and be happy. Every NCL cruise we have been on has a sign at guest services at boarding saying " there are no rooms available for upgrade". And as others have said, the staff at check in are not NCL employees and don't have the ability to upgrade anyone.

Half the aft and half of the spa is nothing count wise.There are just not that many of that catagory.

I am also surprised that during the summer here the ship is not sold out.

They will not sail empty. Someone who calls to book last minute will get a great deal.Its an incentive to book. Book a balcony and we will ge you an aft for no additional charge.

They got your money,so they don't care.