Port Arthur Google update

So which ship is visiting Port Arthur in the latest Google update? We have a new 2017 image https://www.google.com.au/maps/place/Port+Arthur+TAS+7182/@-43.1436679,147.8738429,426m/data=!3m1!1e3!4m5!3m4!1s0xaa6da5506cdf008d:0x403c94dd0de0b00!8m2!3d-43.17746!4d147.8420491

Looks like the Emerald? Anyone know how to work out the dates of images from Google?

So which ship is visiting Port Arthur in the latest Google update? We have a new 2017 image https://www.google.com.au/maps/place/Port+Arthur+TAS+7182/@-43.1436679,147.8738429,426m/data=!3m1!1e3!4m5!3m4!1s0xaa6da5506cdf008d:0x403c94dd0de0b00!8m2!3d-43.17746!4d147.8420491

Looks like the Emerald? Anyone know how to work out the dates of images from Google?

Might have been Mr Gut's cruise in November?

I think it might be Diamond.

The configuration of the aft pools is slightly different between the two ships. The two hot tubs on the upper deck show on the Diamond deck plans but Emerald deck plans for that deck show a central pool that is a curved diamond- shape with one hot tub to starboard.

Also you can see the Princess Links area midships up top, and that's only on Diamond.

Haha I hadnt even looked at the picture, rule out Emerald as it doesnt have the covered pool.....rule out Golden as it has Skywalkers aft....so has to be Diamond as there have been no other Grand Class ships in our waters.

Where do you get the date of the image from Google though?

Viewing Google Earth, as you zoom in, image date is shown along the bottom together with coordinates and altitude.

The date will often change as you zoom in as the images are taken at different altitudes and dates.:)

Edited by yatchet

Viewing Google Earth, as you zoom in, image date is shown along the bottom together with coordinates and altitude.

The date will often change as you zoom in as the images are taken at different altitudes and dates.:)

That will be why I don't get dates I don't have google earth installed, I am just viewing maps via google maps.