Questions about Liberty Of The Seas 10 Night Bermuda & Caribbean

Hi,

I have this booked May 6 2015 for me & DH. I have an interior 9621 for total with tax & port fees of 2256. This does not seem like a great deal, but it is higher now that BOGOHO has ended.

I will keep an eye on it and hope that it goes down or maybe I can upgrade to a balcony. I picked this because we could drive to New Jersey from Michigan and save on air fare.

I would appreciate feedback from anyone that has been on Liberty with this itinerary. Would you recommend this ship & itinerary? Also, would you recommend any specific decks? Also, if I am able to switch to a balcony which ones would you recommend?

Thank you so much :)

Hi,

I have this booked May 6 2015 for me & DH. I have an interior 9621 for total with tax & port fees of 2256. This does not seem like a great deal, but it is higher now that BOGOHO has ended.

I will keep an eye on it and hope that it goes down or maybe I can upgrade to a balcony. I picked this because we could drive to New Jersey from Michigan and save on air fare.

I would appreciate feedback from anyone that has been on Liberty with this itinerary. Would you recommend this ship & itinerary? Also, would you recommend any specific decks? Also, if I am able to switch to a balcony which ones would you recommend?

rates fluctuate depending on time of year, holidays, etc. There may or may not be a price drop ffrom now.

The Liberty has never done this itineray.

...Also, would you recommend any specific decks? Also, if I am able to switch to a balcony which ones would you recommend?

We like deck 9, close to the pool deck, but not directly under it. I don't think there's a bad balcony on Liberty, but the largest would be the ones that look directly aft.

Edited by clarea

Thank you for the feedback.

Do you have any guess on why this cruise was priced so high even with the BOGOHO sale. I booked it on 5/2 so I think that was beginning of sale. I know it's a 10 night cruise but 2256 still seems high for 2 in an interior room. I am just hoping that the price comes down.

Does anyone have any comments on the itinerary?

Thank you again.

Well, that price is about $110/night per person...and from NY/NJ, that seems about right.

There aren't as many ships that sail from this area so demand is high and ships can command higher prices. Its an itinerary that goes all the way to the Caribbean from the NY area, so again in demand as most ships from here either just go to Bermuda or to the Bahamas.

This itinerary is pretty standard for Cape Liberty sailings. Bermuda is a beautiful island, San Juan is okay (usually a short time in port), Labadee is RCI private "island" beach and is really great unless another ship is there and then it can get crowded especially for getting lunch and St.Maarten has lots to do.

As OP stated pretty standard pricing for NY/NJ area. Also, Cape Liberty is a popular port for many as it eliminates flying for many of its cruisers. The Explorer of the Seas was here for many years and we are enjoying having at least three different ships over the next two years.

Do you have any guess on why this cruise was priced so high even with the BOGOHO sale. I booked it on 5/2 so I think that was beginning of sale. I know it's a 10 night cruise but 2256 still seems high for 2 in an interior room. I am just hoping that the price comes down.

Thank you again.

Hi, we are also doing the 10 day Liberty cruise, but in Oct. 2015 out of Cape Liberty.

My guess the cost is because the time of year (May) and also falls over Mother's Day weekend.

We booked an Promenade cabin ( for 2) for under $1600 on the first of May.

We are doing a similar intinerary in a few months on the Explorer.

Never been to Bermuda yet, so this is a first for us.

Edited by ladylikes2cruise
Misspell

Not a bad price. I looked up the Ex sailing on May 8, 2014 for an M inside. Lowest price I could find was $699pp plus tax and fees which would make this about the same (or a couple/few hundred less) than what you have booked.

Early May has more chances for price drops then July/August but you never know. Just keep watching. Maybe you can upgrade for not much more to a balcony after final payments are in.

Cruises out of Bayonne in spring/summer are always high. People from Florida cannot relate because they get much better deals.

Edited by marci22

Thank you again.

I agree that the Liberty pricing is much higher than the previous explorer cruises. We jumped on a April 9 day explorer 2 yrs ago for 559pp. Historically these 10 dy trips were priced around 800 inside on Explorer.

Bermuda should be great - but still in the 70s in May. Enjoy!!!

Thank you again.

They must have thought that they could sell those rooms at that price. If they were mistaken and sales lag, they can always reduce the price but supply and demand pretty much are in control and as a for-profit company, charging what the market will bear is pretty much the rule.