Sundays in Bermuda.

dudput

Can anyone who's been on the dawn arriving on a sun at 11:00 let me know what they did and did the have time to visit any beaches with the shorten bus and ferry schedule? Thanks!

We rented a Boston Whaler boat from Somerset Watersports and floated around the island for four hours, visiting beaches and a ship wreak. You can get to Horseshoe Bay and back in time with the shortened bus schedule. There is always the Dockyard area to explore too.

We are also arriving in Bermuda via The Dawn on a Sunday and have booked a snorkeling excursion through the cruise line after 2pm. Since we thought that being an afternoon water would be warm. All other times the following 2 days were mornings.

Plan to go to the beaches the following Monday morning. Hope this helps.

We arrived at 11 AM on a Sunday last August and we managed to go to the beaches. We took the ferry to Hamilton and then the #7 bus heading back towards the Dockyard. It sounds convoluted, but at the time we were there, there was a change in the transportation and we didn't want to pay for the $16 shuttle to the beach when we were already getting the multi-day transportation passes.

It's entirely doable...you just want to plan out how you are going to get there and then move along when you disembark from the ship.

We did this last September. Got off the ship, bought the three day trans pass and then walked to a bus stop. There were transit officials there and asked us where we wanted to go. We said Horseshoe and he told us to get on the bus that was waiting. It dropped us off at the beach. When we were ready to leave, it was maybe a 5 minute wait for a bus back to the dockyard.

Then I did an evening excursion (Bermuda Triangle Glass Bottom)

I was also on the May 8th sailing and we took the Beach Shuttle to Horseshoe Bay for $7.00 pp. It was great, because it was super quick, no waiting for a bus or buying tokens. We were among the first to get to the beach as the Dawn was the only ship yet in port, so it was pretty empty.

21812_10153241304375758_6775604972754474601_n.jpg?oh=3cbb299276a441039bc472e7bfb4f1f0&oe=560C88B7

We then checked out all the small cove beaches between HB and Warwick Long Bay, which was just lovely. I happened to have some bus tokens so we grabbed the #7 back to the Ship at Warwick Long Bay.. But you could just retrace your walk back to HB and pick up the shuttle again there.

11210403_10153241307225758_3714760005530243262_n.jpg?oh=445e75fdf6762eaa25ab9f38440564c5&oe=5605A67F

10609669_10153241304270758_3467728799169893681_n.jpg?oh=babe63ced559f8611982423fb5c36ee8&oe=55C642FA

11215187_10153241304185758_2382223819592285714_n.jpg?oh=602f3954a0a7e7fb503a9e712984647b&oe=55CF5C47

Edited by modelman

We were on the May 8th sailing and booked the Horseshoe Bay Beach excursion thru NCL. the beach was beautiful, and with limited bus schedules on a Sunday found this the best option for us.

How much did NCL charge you for this excursion? How many hours? Did it provide the transportation for you (or were you still required to take the bus with those bus hours)? What time did you return?

We arrived at 11 AM on a Sunday last August and we managed to go to the beaches. We took the ferry to Hamilton and then the #7 bus heading back towards the Dockyard. It sounds convoluted, but at the time we were there, there was a change in the transportation and we didn't want to pay for the $16 shuttle to the beach when we were already getting the multi-day transportation passes.

It's entirely doable...you just want to plan out how you are going to get there and then move along when you disembark from the ship.

Which beach did you go to?

I was also on the May 8th sailing and we took the Beach Shuttle to Horseshoe Bay for $7.00 pp. It was great, because it was super quick, no waiting for a bus or buying tokens. We were among the first to get to the beach as the Dawn was the only ship yet in port, so it was pretty empty.

We then checked out all the small cove beaches between HB and Warwick Long Bay, which was just lovely. I happened to have some bus tokens so we grabbed the #7 back to the Ship at Warwick Long Bay.. But you could just retrace your walk back to HB and pick up the shuttle again there.

So I guess I have a question about the beach shuttle. Do you only pay the $7 pp on the way there and then $7 pp when you return? I guess I was thinking you buy the round trip pass for $16. :confused: Or is it even a pass? (Meaning did you just pay them $7pp in cash?)

How much did NCL charge you for this excursion? How many hours? Did it provide the transportation for you (or were you still required to take the bus with those bus hours)? What time did you return?

You can look up the price of any NCL excursion on their website. The Horseshoe Bay excursions is $29 per adult, $19 per child (footnote says it may vary by date).

Transportation to and from the beach is the only thing they provide.

We rented a Boston Whaler boat from Somerset Watersports and floated around the island for four hours, visiting beaches and a ship wreak. You can get to Horseshoe Bay and back in time with the shortened bus schedule. There is always the Dockyard area to explore too.

Do they allow you to go anywhere you want for the 4 hours? It's not a guided tour right?

Are there places to dock the boat and get off to swim at the various beaches? :confused:

We enjoyed a 5 hour Photography Tour our first afternoon in Bermuda. "Picture Perfect Tours" http://www.pictureperfecttours.net/tours/

My cousin and I spent an awesome afternoon with Aderonke. We are a couple of rookies who love to take pictures, but always have our camera settings on Automatic. Aderonke was so patient with us, showing us how to use our different cameras in Manual mode and take beautiful images. She took us to the most interesting spots to shoot, down the back roads and into pretty little lanes and out of the way places that a tourist would never know about. She told us all about Bermuda's history and culture too. What an incredible guide she is! This tour was the highlight of our stay in Bermuda!

Can anyone who's been on the dawn arriving on a sun at 11:00 let me know what they did and did the have time to visit any beaches with the shorten bus and ferry schedule? Thanks!