Princess Shore Excursions must now be prepaid from October 2017......?

Was looking through a roll call and someone has recently posted:-

"Just talked with Princess Cruises and found out that from October 2017 all Princess Shore Excursions must be pre-paid. ( can still be cancelled and full refund received)"

Has anyone else heard that you now have to prepay shore excursions. I know I have received a notice "Shore Excursion Payment Due" for next January cruise but it had no pay by date that I could see.

Confused.....:o

I had a look at the personaliser for our cruise in Dec and tried to do a dummy reservation for a shore ex and you can't make one unless payment is made. It will allow you to hold it in your cart for 24 hours without payment but that is it. Nothing to say you now have to pre pay or any indications on the site that there has been a change. Guess they decided the trial in Alaska was a success.

My September reservation still does not require pre-payment. It may really just start for October sailings. Anyway, as long as it can be cancelled and refundable, not a problem with me. Thanks for the heads up.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Was looking through a roll call and someone has recently posted:-

"Just talked with Princess Cruises and found out that from October 2017 all Princess Shore Excursions must be pre-paid. ( can still be cancelled and full refund received)"

Has anyone else heard that you now have to prepay shore excursions. I know I have received a notice "Shore Excursion Payment Due" for next January cruise but it had no pay by date that I could see.

Confused.....:o

Yes all my excursions that I have booked have disappeared, this is new....the notice below as I re booked said :-

"Unpaid excursion(s) in your shopping cart will clear within 24 hours. Please move excursion(s) you will not buy today to your wish list".

Just like on Cunard and P&O UK, pre pay across the Carnival Fleet I suppose. They use some company.:')

Of course they want your money up front to invest.

• 3 months later...

Just been on Princess cruise personaliser re Sapphire Princess cruise next May....Shorex must be prepaid upon booking. I don't like that idea, I like to pay one big bill last day, perhaps I am mad.:p

Spend more on the ship and you can do both.;p

Anyway bit the bullet and paid for shorex in Copenhagen, Helsinborg. Will do our own thing in Oslo. OBC just about paid for the two shorex anyway. Only money, made round to go round.:p The way things are going, pre paying, at least it might stop some cruisers from booking up heaps of shorex they have no intention of going on and then cancelling on board.

True Uncle Mic, now just a drink bill, more mohitos and ciders !!

Anyway bit the bullet and paid for shorex in Copenhagen, Helsinborg. Will do our own thing in Oslo. OBC just about paid for the two shorex anyway. Only money, made round to go round.:p The way things are going, pre paying, at least it might stop some cruisers from booking up heaps of shorex they have no intention of going on and then cancelling on board.

True Uncle Mic, now just a drink bill, more mohitos and ciders !!

I would say that is precisely why they introduced this system.

As they say in the scandinavian countries, skol.:D