Stores on the Ship

MarkTapley

Hi, sorry if this has been asked before. I understand that there are retail stores on the ship that sell perfume, jewelry, etc. They are described on the Viking ship tour video. Is there a store that sell sundries, like toothpaste, candy bars, etc., like in most hotel lobbies?

Thanks,

MT

hi, sorry if this has been asked before. I understand that there are retail stores on the ship that sell perfume, jewelry, etc. They are described on the viking ship tour video. Is there a store that sell sundries, like toothpaste, candy bars, etc., like in most hotel lobbies?

Thanks,

mt

yes!!!

This little shop is well hidden and isn' t open all the time. I believe that it was across from the perfume shop and they can help you if there isn't a clerk in the little shop.

On the Sky it was on Deck 2 port side tucked into a corner of the shop that sells the jackets, sweaters, and little souvenirs. Kind of expensive though.

And has limited selection and quantity! Needed cold capsules on my cruise (forgot to bring them) and they only had a few packs. Take what you think you will need when you go.

The shopping on board is not a focus nor push on Viking as it is on some cruise lines - so agree, it is very limited in terms of offerings and I would not go with expectations to pick up much in the way of sundries and toiletries.

That is not just a Viking thing.....By law all ships have to follow that protocol while in port.....at least that is what I was informed on a non-Viking cruise a number of years ago.....and it is what I have xperienced on all the trips we have taken.