Is anyone as OCD about cruise planning/researching...

As I am? I am never happier then when I lay that lovely deposit on a cruise, that means I get to obsess...er...plan and research to my hearts content.

I've planned 3 friends cruises and airfare and when their TA couldn't get a good price, she gave them the prices I had sent them. (Apparently she was really embarrassed!)

I don't say this for bragging, I'm not that way. However, I want to know my fellow OCD cruise friends.

And you are....

Sent from my QMV7A using Forums mobile app

Yes me too we just got off our cruise and I was looking everything too. I have to wait another 30 days before my flights come out. my wife told me I need a new hobby :rolleyes:

My son calls me CDO cause it has to be in order...lol :D

I have everything in a binder starting from precruise hotel; airplane

cruise docs; all shore excursions in order with the funds for each one all the way to the plane home... even pack accordingly too.

Just wish my family could do the same.

Cathy

Me, too! I actually believe the planning for the cruise is ALMOST as exciting as the cruise itself! We always book a year in advance, and I use the entire time to find THE best hotels, flights, etc.! It's almost depressing for me once it's all been settled! Strange, huh???

Yes!

Searching, searching planning and more planning... for hotels closest to the beach, airfare to get me in a day ahead of time so I can enjoy as much of my vacation as I can!

I am going out of Port Canaveral this cruise, it is turning out to be more of a pita with the closest airport being 40 miles away. :(

Searching, researching, planning and more for the last 15 months. Since I have viewed just about every photo and video of the hotel, ship and all the excursions I almost feel like I have been on our cruise already:eek:. I still have 3 more months to go.:D

I'll plan my stuff...but I do NOT overplan or tell my friends about anything.....it's a downer for them, even if it's fun for me!

Port research is the most important thing, if you want to make the most of your shore time. The other stuff sort of "falls into place"!

YES! I am obsessive with meticulous research and planning! We've been blessed with a Make-A-Wish trip to Hawaii in July, and we get our itinerary.....wait for it.....10 DAYS PRIOR. I'm going nuts over here! Good thing I have the upcoming cruise to also keep me busy ;)

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Lol hubby and I have an Eastern Med cruise on the Rhapsody scheduled for October 2015 (and it could even get switched to Oct 2016 though I sure hope not). I booked it about 2 months ago and I have been working on details pretty much ever since.

I absolutely LOVE planning **ANY** vacation! I've scheduled two this year... so I'm having lots of fun researching, planning, changing plans, etc. I leave in 14 days for a Disney trip for my mom and me (she's 72, I'm 49) but we love to go and just relax, wander around, see new things, try new foods, watch parades and fireworks... So I've been planning (obsessing) over this trip the last few months.

And in between, I'm researching, reading, making lists, etc. for my daughter and my's cruise in November!

Then next summer is a family reunion I'm planning (15 of us)....

So yeah... my OCD is great for all of the vacation planning! :rolleyes:

Michelle

OCD is not really healthy. Not something I would want to get involved with. I book a cruise. Book my excursions and extras, then enjoy the cruise. The point is to get away and relax, not to be stressed out and obsessive about the vacation.

I admit it!!!! I am a planner as well. To me, all the preliminary stuff is a big part of my overall cruise experience and enjoyment!

Ok, now back to doing more research on our December cruise . . . and the one next year in September and then . . . :D

Oh heck yes!

Hunting down the cruise is just the beginning. Then you have flights and hotel, which leads to massive haunting of priceline, orbitz, etc.. Then hanging over google maps getting familiarized with all of the locations in the trip... That's done... Where to eat ... What excursions to do through the ship or on your own...

Then finally, once all the fares are paid, the rooms booked and you're just waiting to go.... Ship stalking takes over and you start finding where your ship is almost every day of the week. That part makes webcams a wonderful thing. :D

As I am? I am never happier then when I lay that lovely deposit on a cruise, that means I get to obsess...er...plan and research to my hearts content.

I've planned 3 friends cruises and airfare and when their TA couldn't get a good price, she gave them the prices I had sent them. (Apparently she was really embarrassed!)

I don't say this for bragging, I'm not that way. However, I want to know my fellow OCD cruise friends.

And you are....

Sent from my QMV7A using Forums mobile app

We are the exact same way! Just look at my countdown. I have a LONG way to go, lots of time to plan! :D

We are planning a family reunion and I am planning and booking for all.

It is depressing if we don't have one booked....and we celebrate when finally booked.....something to look forward to. :)

OCD is not really healthy. Not something I would want to get involved with. I book a cruise. Book my excursions and extras, then enjoy the cruise. The point is to get away and relax, not to be stressed out and obsessive about the vacation.

But it isn't stressful planning vacations. I love the excitement, the research, the anticipation, etc. Worth every minute.

Then we cruise and enjoy everything about it.

I too am an OCD planner! I researched my Alaska Cruisetour for a year.

My DH didn't want to know anything. We both had an awesome time. 3000 pictures to sort thru. He was bragging to other cruisers how I did my homework on booking tours. Thanks to my Cruisecritic family!

Lynn

My son calls me CDO cause it has to be in order...lol :D

I have everything in a binder starting from precruise hotel; airplane

cruise docs; all shore excursions in order with the funds for each one all the way to the plane home... even pack accordingly too.

Just wish my family could do the same.

Cathy

Oh My!! I am the same down to the binder & all!! lol :)

Searching, researching, planning and more for the last 15 months. Since I have viewed just about every photo and video of the hotel, ship and all the excursions I almost feel like I have been on our cruise already:eek:. I still have 3 more months to go.:D

I know how you feel!! lol

When I actually go on the cruise its like I'm living out a dream or something..I have thought or saw it for such a long time in my head..lol

Me, too! I actually believe the planning for the cruise is ALMOST as exciting as the cruise itself! We always book a year in advance, and I use the entire time to find THE best hotels, flights, etc.! It's almost depressing for me once it's all been settled! Strange, huh???

not strange at all.. I totally agree!! I'm glad to see I'm not alone in this!!

So whats wrong with being thorough with your holiday planning? Research and a heck of a lot of planning is the way you can get the best price for your cruise, flights, hotel etc. By the time you start your holiday all the planning has been done so why would you be stressed???

We have 3 cruises booked for our next holiday in December, so you HAVE to be meticulous in your planning, especially travelling so far to do them!