Pre-purchase Voom or wait until onboard?

weejasser

I'm going on Allure in 3wks. Trying to figure out the best way to purchase a single device Voom surf. Should I pre-purchase Voom Surf with 30% off now for $9.09 a day or wait until onboard and use both of our D discount? Anyone any recent experience

thanks

I'm assuming you are referring to cost, therefore, you can compare it yourself.

$9.09 X 7=$63.63 VS.

$12.99 x 7=$90.93 less the d discount = X

The advantage with the on board purchase, you can use one of the D coupons for 1 day of internet usage and the 2nd to apply to the package discount. You can reduce this cost further by skipping the 1st day, use one of the D coupons for the 2nd day usage, and the balance of the week by using the 2nd D coupon, i.e.. $12.99 X 5-D discount.

By prepaying you lose the flexibility.

Hope this helps and is not confusing.

$9.09 X 7=$63.63 VS.

The advantage with the on board purchase, you can use one of the D coupons for 1 day of internet usage and the 2nd to apply to the package discount. You can reduce this cost further by skipping the 1st day, use one of the D coupons for the 2nd day usage, and the balance of the week by using the 2nd D coupon, i.e.. $12.99 X 5-D discount.

Thanks for the info - I am curious about this too.

I've never pre- paid internet before, and have never had an opportunity for Voom before now (Freedom Nov 12th).

I'm Diamond Plus and the discount I always applied onboard gave me several days of free internet - has that changed and is buying Voom different?

In your opinion, should I pre-purchase? I am only looking for Voom Surf on one device...

I've never pre- paid internet before, and have never had an opportunity for Voom before now (Freedom Nov 12th).

I'm Diamond Plus and the discount I always applied onboard gave me several days of free internet - has that changed and is buying Voom different?

In your opinion, should I pre-purchase? I am only looking for Voom Surf on one device...

For surf on one device, with a D+ discount, and a 7-day cruise, you are better to wait until you are onboard. Your D+ discount will be $40 to $60.

$9.09 X 7=$63.63 VS.

Thanks for that, much appreciated. I wasn't sure if you could buy 5 days at $12.99 or if you had to buy 7.

Thanks for that, much appreciated. I wasn't sure if you could buy 5 days at $12.99 or if you had to buy 7.

You could use the D+ coupons towards the package at any time in the cruise. On our recent Oasis (2) cruises, we skipped the 1st day and took advantage the rest of the week. The D+ discount was $59.99, however, on our Aug. 25th Anthem it was only $39.99, a minor disappointment as it was a 9 nite cruise. Don't know why the inconsitencies between ships.

For surf on one device, with a D+ discount, and a 7-day cruise, you are better to wait until you are onboard. Your D+ discount will be $40 to $60.

Yes, your two D+ internet credits should provide two continuous 24 hours surf periods for a single device at no cost with one and the other should cover the cost of four days of a single device surf package for the balance of the cruise. If you skip two days by waiting until day 2 to start your internet and skip a day or skip two days between the day periods and the rest of the cruise package you should have the surf one device internet at no cost on your 8 night cruise as the D+ credits will cover the cost of 6 days.

Remember the continuous 24 hours periods extend over 2 days, best to start at a near mid-day time if possible, so one can have internet for at least a portion of every day onboard. ;)

Edited by robtulipe

Ok...this is probably a stupid question seeing how this is our first trip with voom. If we buy onboard....do we have to purchase for the entire length of the trip? I will not need internet till the 3rd day to check in with my mothers respite home.

Edited by Magellan321

If we buy onboard....do we have to purchase for the entire length of the trip? I will not need internet till the 3rd day to check in with my mothers respite home.

Yes, but you can buy it from day 3 till the end and be charged just for those days.

We don't like (or need) to be connected while on vacation but still like to check email once a day. We use our D coupons on board as follows (for 7 day cruise).

Day 1 - check email before sail a way...done

Day 2 and 3 - use one D coupon (mid-day to mid-day)

Day 4 and 5 - use the other D coupon (mid-day to mid-day)

Day 6 and 7 - purchase at the daily rate of about $12.99 each

One of the things we have always enjoyed about cruising is being "unconnected". I certainly understand those with work and family commitments that require more constant contact, but this works for us great.

WE just got off Allure last week. You could not pre purchase Voom and get C&A discount. We did not get it the first night onboard. Used our phones until around 530 pm with dinner and first night did not need it. Next morning on TV started the discount using six day instead of previous 7. Used my wife's C&A for second day . Used my C& A for third day which took me to 800am the 4th day. Each day they discounted it on TV and cost less than any pre book for Diamond, and with Diamond + much better. Bob

I pre-purchased the Voom surf package for 1 device for our Dec. cruise. I paid $109 for the 12 night cruise with my D+ discount included. I thought that was reasonable. I just won't put that money in the slot machines. I always lose anyway, so will use it for something I can get more use from and won't have to worry about being bothered by smoke. Win, win! ;)

Gwen :)