3,4 or 5 night specialty dinning package?

whitshel

Does anyone have any info on these packages? It is showing up in my cruise planner for Oasis Jan 2nd, but there isn't much info on them like what restaurants are included, can you pick which nights and can you pick the restaurants? The verbiage almost sounds like rccl picks them. But the price seems good if you can go to any of them with maybe exception of Chefs Table. It does say for a la cart they give you $30 towards your meal.

One other question, can you buy them onboard?

Here are some excerpts form the planner

"Experience three of our specialty restaurants and enjoy great savings when you purchase the 3 Night Dining Package for your cruise vacation. Select your dining party and your preferred dining time and a courtesy dinner reservation will be made on your behalf in a pre-selected restaurant. On Day 1, you will receive your reservation confirmation in your stateroom. If you would like to amend or to complete your additional dinner reservations, simply visit one of our Hospitality Desks or any specialty restaurant."

"First courtesy dinner reservation will be made for Day 1 or Day 2"

"For restaurants with a la carte pricing, package includes a $30 credit towards the food portion of your bill

I guess it looks like they pick the 1st night then you can choose to keep or change it, but all restaurants?

Does anyone have any info on these packages? It is showing up in my cruise planner for Oasis Jan 2nd, but there isn't much info on them like what restaurants are included, can you pick which nights and can you pick the restaurants? The verbiage almost sounds like rccl picks them. But the price seems good if you can go to any of them with maybe exception of Chefs Table. It does say for a la cart they give you $30 towards your meal.

One other question, can you buy them onboard?

Here are some excerpts form the planner

"Experience three of our specialty restaurants and enjoy great savings when you purchase the 3 Night Dining Package for your cruise vacation. Select your dining party and your preferred dining time and a courtesy dinner reservation will be made on your behalf in a pre-selected restaurant. On Day 1, you will receive your reservation confirmation in your stateroom. If you would like to amend or to complete your additional dinner reservations, simply visit one of our Hospitality Desks or any specialty restaurant."

"First courtesy dinner reservation will be made for Day 1 or Day 2"

"For restaurants with a la carte pricing, package includes a $30 credit towards the food portion of your bill

I guess it looks like they pick the 1st night then you can choose to keep or change it, but all restaurants?

You pick the restaurants. Includes 1 visit to Wonderland. Excludes Chefs table, wine pairings and Mystery Dinner.

Someone posted last week from the Allure that they were offering this package on board.

Link to pdf.

http://media.royalcaribbean.com/content/en_US/pdf/dining_discount_packages.pdf

Edited by Ourusualbeach

I agree that if you attempt to reserve these dining packages in advance of the cruise that the explanation/description given is quite lacking. I started the reservation process and it wanted me to pick day 1 or 2 and a time, however it was not clear what restaurant it was. It seems after you get on board you make the other two (or three or four) specific reservations (?)

Anyway, the times it was showing for me were not that great.

I did give RC a call and the guy on the phone could not add too much information. He did tell me we could get the same deal on board so I'm just going to wait.

You pick the restaurants. Includes 1 visit to Wonderland. Excludes Chefs table, wine pairings and Mystery Dinner.

Someone posted last week from the Allure that they were offering this package on board.

Link to pdf.

http://media.royalcaribbean.com/content/en_US/pdf/dining_discount_packages.pdf

There is no Wonderland on Allure or Oasis.

I agree that if you attempt to reserve these dining packages in advance of the cruise that the explanation/description given is quite lacking. I started the reservation process and it wanted me to pick day 1 or 2 and a time, however it was not clear what restaurant it was. It seems after you get on board you make the other two (or three or four) specific reservations (?)

Anyway, the times it was showing for me were not that great.

I did give RC a call and the guy on the phone could not add too much information. He did tell me we could get the same deal on board so I'm just going to wait.

Since its offered on board, I'm going to wait too. Seems like a good deal tho, Chops-$40, Izumi Hibachi- $30, 150 Central Park- $40= $110 thats a $60 savings per couple.

• 7 months later...
Since its offered on board, I'm going to wait too. Seems like a good deal tho, Chops-$40, Izumi Hibachi- $30, 150 Central Park- $40= $110 thats a $60 savings per couple.

I'm sailing on the Allure next week. Any further insight on the dining packages?

• 1 month later...
Any resolve on this? I just booked the 4 night for my December Allure cruise, but got no information. Do we pick the restaurants or does RCI?

RC picks the first restaurant and you pick the rest onboard at by visiting any specialty restaurant and speaking to the host/hostess.

I was told you can pay extra and upgrade one of them to the chefs dinner

I suppose that is possible, policies differ ship to ship, but it's not mentioned in the written terms & conditions.

On our Harmony cruise in July, the Dining Package was not offered onboard.

This is how it worked on our July Harmony cruise:

You pick the time you want to dine on either the 1st or 2nd night. Royal will assign the restaurants for you and the other nights. However, I recommend that you go to one of the Specialty Restaurants upon embarkation and have the host change all the reservations to the way you want them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Thanks 1

In fact the Dining Package info page specifically said Chef's Table is not included.

That's what I remember.

The only restaurant mentioned with an extra cost was Wonderland, which was $10 for visits beyond the first.

Wonderland was "no extra charge" Specialty restaurant for the Dining Package on Harmony. And unlike Anthem last November, I was told we could have gone to Wonderland on Harmony as many times as we wanted.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ì purchased a 3 night dining package on Harmony. When I got on board I arranged what 3 restaurants I want. I don't think they Prebooked one for me; but if they did my choosing overrode that reservation.

At first I was told I could upgrade to 4 nights on board; but when I tried to do so on day 3 they told me it wasn't possible.

I would purchase before the cruise.

I figured I'd throw this out here - can you buy the BOGO and the 3 night package? I wasn't sure if you could since with both they are supposed to pick the first night for you.

The BOGO is the first or second night, so you can do the dining package on night 1 and the BOGO on night 2.

The BOGO is the first or second night, so you can do the dining package on night 1 and the BOGO on night 2.

Thanks - I'll look into it then, originally I was only going to the BOGO but then dh asked if we were going to do the specialties like we did last cruise. Last time we did the deal with Chef's table and the 3 specialties on Grandeur and it worked out very well. I'll see if that type of deal is available for this cruise.

• 2 weeks later...
So, you can't pick all the nights in advance online?

That's a bummer!

That is part of the reason you are getting a break on the price - to fill in spots not taken in advance by full price reservations.