Internet package

For anyone who has used the internet package would you advise buying the internet package now or is it likely the price goes down once onboard. If the price does go down is it a good saving or not that much of a difference. We are sailing on anthem on 15 August. Thanks

Internet on the Anthem was $15 per day per device and they offered 50% off a second device.

The price doesn't get cheaper later on in the cruise but as there are less days to pay the later you pay the less it is.

I did speak to Guest Services as I wanted to know why it's $15 on the Anthem and only $10 on the Quantum! They did try to say it was probably a deal offered when Quantum first started cruising but when I pointed out we were only on her 7 weeks ago they did not have an answer for that! ;)

Never did get one either :rolleyes:

Can anyone confirm that you cab buy a 1 device package, log on with let's say your phone for a while. Then log off, and log on with your pc? In other words, can you log on with any device as long as only one is logged on at a time? That's the way it worked for me on Quantum, and I was wondering if that's the way things still were as the internet packages have spread across the fleet.

Can anyone confirm that you cab buy a 1 device package, log on with let's say your phone for a while. Then log off, and log on with your pc? In other words, can you log on with any device as long as only one is logged on at a time? That's the way it worked for me on Quantum, and I was wondering if that's the way things still were as the internet packages have spread across the fleet.

It doesn't matter what device you log in with. Once you log out you can log back in from another device. You can even use the ships computers.

• 3 weeks later...
If you are C&A member, you will get discount when you book the package on board. Discount isn't given on Cruise Planner bookings.

Do they know our crown and anchor number or do we have to supply it.

Should each member of my family have a C&A number or is myself having one enough

Do they know our crown and anchor number or do we have to supply it.

Should each member of my family have a C&A number or is myself having one enough

You supply your C & A number when you book your cruise, as you get extra discount of the price. If you didn't do it when booking then you paid full price. Even the first tier of Gold member gets 5% off the cruise price.

Each member of the family have their own C & A number. You get your own perks on board for each member. If you are the only person who has sailed before, then your the one who needs to purchase everything to get the extra discounts i.e. 20% off spa treatments, free milkshake in Jonny Rockets, etc.

Just a question, do you need an internet package to use the Royal IQ app that goes for these ships? Or can you use it without being on the Internet? Going on the Anthem and already downloaded that app...

Edited by Bril

Just a question, do you need an internet package to use the Royal IQ app that goes for these ships? Or can you use it without being on the Internet? Going on the Anthem and already downloaded that app...

No internet package needed for the Royal IQ app. You link to the ships "Royal Wifi" signal and the app is free. Read my review for some sneaky tricks to do on whilst connected to Royal Wifi. http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2243010

Is it possible to watch Netflix on a Caribbean cruise? Anthem's wifi certainly sounds fast enough to allow it ,but will Netflix work outside of the US if sailing off of the east coast and in the Caribbean?

Yes, you can watch netflix onboard the ship. Whether your region will work depends on the ip address used by the ship. In Europe it was fine as still in UK or Europe. You can always clone a USA IP address to use onboard and that will work. Google this if you don't know how and set it up before boarding.

• 2 weeks later...