Charging Limits on RCI

iujen94

Hi all! I've seen some older posts about putting charging limits on your kids' SeaPass cards, but nothing recent. Can dollar limits still be put on kids' cards on RCI, and do I have to wait and do that onboard the ship, or can I do it ahead of time online?

Thanks!

I think you need to put cash on the kid's accounts...when it's gone, it's gone. The only caveat is the arcade...that might be charged to the parent....

Best to just talk to your kids, give them their limits and check on them frequently, if you don't trust the kids.

Aside from the arcade, there's not that much they will need to buy....if they are with you, then you buy it...if they have a soda package, they won't need to be buying drinks...

The kid's cards will be tied to the credit card on file for the room that they are booked into. You can put charge limits on their cards, but have to do it at Guest Services. Depending on ship you are sailing on, you can check the daily charges on the TV. As CB mentioned, they do not need to buy that much on the card except for arcade charges. You can also have cards turned off, but kids can turn them back on from machine in arcade, so setting spending limits is best approach.

The kid's cards will be tied to the credit card on file for the room that they are booked into. You can put charge limits on their cards, but have to do it at Guest Services. Depending on ship you are sailing on, you can check the daily charges on the TV. As CB mentioned, they do not need to buy that much on the card except for arcade charges. You can also have cards turned off, but kids can turn them back on from machine in arcade, so setting spending limits is best approach.

Just to clarify this, the machine in the arcade is used to load money onto the sea pass card to be used in the arcade. That machine allows funds to be loaded onto the card even if the child has no charging privileges. That machine does not turn back on charging privileges on the sea pass card, the child will still not be able to charge anything to the card in other venues on the ship. The machine in the arcade does not have the ability to see who can charge and who can't, it is just capable of loading funds to be used in the arcade.

Just to clarify this, the machine in the arcade is used to load money onto the sea pass card to be used in the arcade. That machine allows funds to be loaded onto the card even if the child has no charging privileges. That machine does not turn back on charging privileges on the sea pass card, the child will still not be able to charge anything to the card in other venues on the ship. The machine in the arcade does not have the ability to see who can charge and who can't, it is just capable of loading funds to be used in the arcade.

As I understand it - the sea pass card is active or not. Once you load funds onto the card for the arcade, it is made active for charging privileges too. It cannot be used in arcade and also be deactivated for charging privileges. At least this is how it was explained to us by guest services.