Formal Nights

I am sure this has been asked before but I am going to ask anyways!

I am thinking of taking my first Royal Caribbean cruise on the Navigator of the Seas in October. My question is will I be out of place if I don't dress in formal wear? I plan on wearing nice sundresses most of the time. I don't really want to go out and buy a formal dress. :o

I am thinking of taking my first Royal Caribbean cruise on the Navigator of the Seas in October. My question is will I be out of place if I don't dress in formal wear? I plan on wearing nice sundresses most of the time. I don't really want to go out and buy a formal dress. :o

That should be fine!

Gf and I went on a transatlantic cruise with 3 formal nights after backpacking Europe for several months. Needless to say we did not carry formal dresses or tuxedos in our backpacks around Europe during the summer. My gf wore a casual black sundress type thing (sorry don't know how to describe it but pretty casual) with a buttoned shoulder sweater thing over it while I had a black button down shirt with khaki cargo pants and brown shoes. We were super concerned about sticking out with everyone in formal attire but we were not the worst dressed and after sitting down, no one noticed that we were under dressed.

Moral of the story, don't worry about it and just enjoy yourself!

Sun dress is just fine if you are female......if your a bloke its best to avoid such apparel.........

It's allowed but maybe too extreme.......

It probably depends on your figure...but it is 2015 (the year of Bruce Jenner)

You will be fine. You can always "dress up" a sundress with some pretty jewelry to make it more "formal" if you want but you will be fine with what you plan.

My answer is that it depends quite a bit on several factors, including ship, itinerary, time of year, and your personality. I've been an a few cruises out of Galveston, and in my experience, the majority of passengers have dressed up pretty well for formal nights. So, I suspect you would be in the minority, wearing a sundress. But, you would not be alone - there will be other people dressed equally, or even more, casually.

So, it depends on what makes you feel out of place. If, say, 70% of the people were in formal or semi-formal clothing and 30% were dressed more casually, would you feel out of place being in the 30%? If not, then you're probably okay.