Refunds for purchase of extras

HollDoll

I'm going on a cruise in February, 2017. I like to purchase items in advance, i.e., unlimited laundry, signature beverage cards, specialty restaurants, etc. In the event one would have to cancel the cruise, are the monies for those items automatically refunded or is it a hassle to get those refunds? Not that I'm planning on canceling, but I'm wondering if I should wait till closer to the time to make those purchases.

I'm going on a cruise in February, 2017. I like to purchase items in advance, i.e., unlimited laundry, signature beverage cards, specialty restaurants, etc. In the event one would have to cancel the cruise, are the monies for those items automatically refunded or is it a hassle to get those refunds? Not that I'm planning on canceling, but I'm wondering if I should wait till closer to the time to make those purchases.

I would imagine it would be the same as HAL cancelling one of our cruises recently and they refunded all of hubby's pre-purchased shore excursions and Dining venues to the credit card he used.

They notified us via seperate emails for the cancelling of the cruise and shore excursions and dining venues.

The pre-paids were refunded within a day or so of cruise cancellation.

Joanie

I've only taken one cruise on Holland. I did reserve several specialty dinners and cancelled one of them. My credit card was credited with the refund within one day. I didn't have to do anything. I cancelled the dinner online and the refund just happened.

The only pre-purchase we've ever cancelled was an excursion, and it was refunded to our credit card promptly.

You can reserve the specialty restaurants in advance if you want a specific day and time, but for all the rest I'd suggest you just buy enough OBC to cover the total. It's simpler for them if you have to cancel, and leaves you the option of changing your mind on how to spend it once on board.

Edited by catl331