Just booked 9276 on the Sun and am freaking out!

auntierobin

I need some help or reassurance here. I just booked aft Penthouse 9276 on the Sun for February. My confirmation came and in big red letters it says " This cabin has an enclosed balcony". Has anyone been in this cabin recently? and is the balcony enclosed? All the research (plus we have sailed on the Sun before) shows just a normal aft balcony, what has changed?

Please, please help and tell me it ain't so.

I need some help or reassurance here. I just booked aft Penthouse 9276 on the Sun for February. My confirmation came and in big red letters it says " This cabin has an enclosed balcony". Has anyone been in this cabin recently? and is the balcony enclosed? All the research (plus we have sailed on the Sun before) shows just a normal aft balcony, what has changed?

Please, please help and tell me it ain't so.

We were just on the Sun in Dec in mini 9078 and spent time in suite 9076 inside and on the balcony with cc folks that had that cabin, the balcony was not enclosed and I am sure that 9276 mirrors it, I don't know why it would say enclosed, unless something changed since Dec.

I suspect the "enclosed" part refers to the fact that it isn't completely open along the whole length of the balcony. As I recall (I am sure Donna will be along to correct me if I am wrong:rolleyes:) at the turn of the balcony, the structure of the ship "encloses" that portion right at the turn. It is open (at least above the rail) directly to the stern and presumably on the side.

I think it means that part of the balcony is enclosed like a cove balcony with a metal lip under the railing instead of plexiglass all the way down like a regular balcony. I don't think it is anything that would be unexpected.

I was thinking of booking that same room myself and looked at pics on the web. Maybe some good soul who has stayed in these rooms will post a pic so we know for sure.

I suspect the "enclosed" part refers to the fact that it isn't completely open along the whole length of the balcony. As I recall (I am sure Donna will be along to correct me if I am wrong:rolleyes:) at the turn of the balcony, the structure of the ship "encloses" that portion right at the turn. It is open (at least above the rail) directly to the stern and presumably on the side.

YOU WILL LOVE THAT BALCONY. No worries!!!

Look at my Avatar. Middle aft on left.

It is AWESOME!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

No worries at all. Here is a bigger picture

26548.jpg

And here is the only part that is enclosed. This is 0076, a mirror image of yours.

10076.jpg

I have read though, that this category does NOT have the Lavazza coffee machine. I don't know why because it is a full suite.

Edited by medicalma'am

No worries at all. Here is a bigger picture

26548.jpg

And here is the only part that is enclosed. This is 0076' date=' a mirror image of yours.

[img']http://www.cruisedeckplans.com/DP/cabinpics/10/reg/10076.jpg[/img]

I have read though, that this category does NOT have the Lavazza coffee machine. I don't know why because it is a full suite.

There is just not room for it. It is a large unit. It has a Mr Coffee type coffeepot. I am just surprised, there is a world of difference between the Mr. Coffee and the Lavazza, surely NCL can come up with something better in between the two.

Edited by DMH15

Thank you everyone for responding so quickly. I feel better now. We usually sail in aft penthouses and the warning just threw me for a loop I've never seen it before on any of the other confirmations even for our PC cruise in Sept. where one our balconies is a cove balcony.

I did check on you tube and photo bucket for pictures and they were all exactly what I expected as were the photos you all showed me. I was just concerned that something was going to be done during the rumored drydock.

I booked this particular type of cabin to see if we would like it for an extended cruise (SA when it becomes available). The little enclosed end will be perfect for my DH when he wants a (don't flame me here) cigarette in the morning or before bed. Plus it looks like you can put a chair in there and still watch the scenery even if the weather is bad.

Because of you all I can now sleep peacefully tonight! LOL

Thank you

Here's the correct link to the 9076 photos. I was using my tablet before, an am obviously not an expert on it. :o

Those pictures are awesome! We'll be in 9076 this June for our Alaska cruise. Thanks for posting them.

One quick question for you. I realize the weather is unpredictable in Alaska, but were you able to spend much time on the balcony or was it too cool? I can't imagine anything much better than sitting out on that balcony with a coffee or adult beverage and watching the scenery!

Jim

Those pictures are awesome! We'll be in 9076 this June for our Alaska cruise. Thanks for posting them.

One quick question for you. I realize the weather is unpredictable in Alaska, but were you able to spend much time on the balcony or was it too cool? I can't imagine anything much better than sitting out on that balcony with a coffee or adult beverage and watching the scenery!

Jim

Thank you, Jim. We were out there a lot--had great weather. We especially enjoyed Glacier Bay day and almost the entire day we were in Canada's Inside Passage on the way back to Vancouver. As someone mentioned earlier, the area in the corner of the balcony is great for hiding from the rain or sun if you've had too much. That cabin is AWESOME. Edited by Cruise_More_Often

I will be taking the last cruise from her in Tampa before she repositions to British Columbia.

Wish I would had the time AND money. I would take my 7 day Western Caribbean, then the 19 day Panama Canal cruise to British Columbia, then a 10-14 day Alaska journey all on her, in a suite. One can dream,,,;)

Come on Lotto!!!!!!!!

Thank you everyone for responding so quickly. I feel better now. We usually sail in aft penthouses and the warning just threw me for a loop I've never seen it before on any of the other confirmations even for our PC cruise in Sept. where one our balconies is a cove balcony.

I did check on you tube and photo bucket for pictures and they were all exactly what I expected as were the photos you all showed me. I was just concerned that something was going to be done during the rumored drydock.

I booked this particular type of cabin to see if we would like it for an extended cruise (SA when it becomes available). The little enclosed end will be perfect for my DH when he wants a (don't flame me here) cigarette in the morning or before bed. Plus it looks like you can put a chair in there and still watch the scenery even if the weather is bad.

Because of you all I can now sleep peacefully tonight! LOL

Thank you

That little alcove comes in handy to keep things out-of-the-way like suntan lotion towels extra drinks things like that. You can also lay on the lounger with your face in that little alcove to keep the sun out of your face if you're trying to read.

I will be taking the last cruise from her in Tampa before she repositions to British Columbia.

Wish I would had the time AND money. I would take my 7 day Western Caribbean, then the 19 day Panama Canal cruise to British Columbia, then a 10-14 day Alaska journey all on her, in a suite. One can dream,,,;)

Come on Lotto!!!!!!!!

Hey we think alike

Come on Lotto!!!!!!!!

Some of us aren't lucky enough to be able to be gone for more than the 19 days for the Tampa to Vancouver portion of your trip but we are a fun group....come join our rollcall?

Some of us aren't lucky enough to be able to be gone for more than the 19 days for the Tampa to Vancouver portion of your trip but we are a fun group....come join our rollcall?

You misunderstood. I am only on the 7 day Caribbean cruise prior to it doing the 19 day move to BC.

Wish I had the time for it though.

Enjoy!