Questions about OBC--I know another one

that doesn't understand how it works. We are going on our second cruise and we have accumulated a bit from our TA, plus the MTD meant tips had to be paid in advance by us and that amt. was added to OBC. We also were given a specialty dinner as an incentive. I had planned on using some of it on excursions, but I had to pay up front for those on my credit card, as well as the ressies for the Giovanni"s. Can someone explain what will happen now?

Sorry to be a a pain but I have a budget I would like to stay within and I am afraid we will end with all this credit and no way to spend it. We are not big drinkers and I really don't want to "have " to spend money I could have used on other things.

that doesn't understand how it works. We are going on our second cruise and we have accumulated a bit from our TA, plus the MTD meant tips had to be paid in advance by us and that amt. was added to OBC. We also were given a specialty dinner as an incentive. I had planned on using some of it on excursions, but I had to pay up front for those on my credit card, as well as the ressies for the Giovanni"s. Can someone explain what will happen now?

Sorry to be a a pain but I have a budget I would like to stay within and I am afraid we will end with all this credit and no way to spend it. We are not big drinkers and I really don't want to "have " to spend money I could have used on other things.

If your OBC is from your TA, then it is fully refundable. You can get a refund in cash from Guest Services on the last night of the cruise.

Thanks Bob.

One more question--does a OBC stay on an account to be used next cruise if you have leftover credit from the cruise line? And can you use the OBC for anything? Like pictures? I am assuming the cost of the specialty dinner will be credited to an account also.

Thanks Bob.

One more question--does a OBC stay on an account to be used next cruise if you have leftover credit from the cruise line? And can you use the OBC for anything? Like pictures? I am assuming the cost of the specialty dinner will be credited to an account also.

OBC doesnt carry over to another cruise :) Not even on a B2B I dont think?

Yes, you can use the OBC for ANY onboard purchase such as pictures, drinks, gratuities, specialty dining etc.

Thanks Bob.

Yes it can be used for pictures and specialty dining. Any leftover will be credited back to the credit card you give when you check in

Thanks Bob.

Ryano answered your questions in the post above. I just wanted to make sure you know that any reservations you made before the cruise will not come out of your OBC. So you may want to consider cancelling the reservations for Giovanni's, and rebook it as soon as you get on the ship.

Ryano answered your questions in the post above. I just wanted to make sure you know that any reservations you made before the cruise will not come out of your OBC. So you may want to consider cancelling the reservations for Giovanni's, and rebook it as soon as you get on the ship.

They do keep about a third of the possible reservations for specialty dining and excursions for those who desire to register for them once on board.

Steve

Just got off the Allure. We received $100 OBC from booking our cruise while on the ship last February and we had $250 OBC from our BoA credit card. We had pre-paid gratuities.

We checked at Guest Relations and were told twice that if we didn't use the $250 OBC from our credit card we could get the unused amount refunded in cash at the end of the cruise. However, if we did not use the $100 OBC from RCL for booking last February we would lose it.

The last day of the cruise we went to Guest Relations and were refunded $162 in cash. We were doing B2B but were unable to apply it to the next week's cruise.

Archived