Baltic Itinerary Change?

blinked

My friends are booked on Emerald Princess June 3rd. They have just noticed that the itinerary now includes Gothenburg and Stockholm (Nynashamn). All the other Baltic cruises are the same. However this is exactly the same as the Royal Princess itinerary 2014 so is this a mistake or a genuine itinerary change? They tried to get through to Princess but no success due to "heavy usage". Has anyone else heard anything about this?

502470016_ScreenShot2013-04-30at21_34_22.jpg.827aba1724378e527fc1b91dd160d306.jpg

My friends are booked on Emerald Princess June 3rd. They have just noticed that the itinerary now includes Gothenburg and Stockholm (Nynashamn). All the other Baltic cruises are the same. However this is exactly the same as the Royal Princess itinerary 2014 so is this a mistake or a genuine itinerary change? They tried to get through to Princess but no success due to "heavy usage". Has anyone else heard anything about this?

If this new itinerary goes to Nynashamn in place of Stockholm, then it is basically a "bait and switch". Nynashamn is about an hour south of the "real" Stockholm. Going to Nynashamn wastes lots of valuable time and costs extra to go up to Stockholm and then come back down to this distant, cheater port . Not sure what can be done at the stage. Personally, I would raise "hell" if Nynashamn was not on the original schedule for what they were supposed to be getting. Lots of earlier posts have made on this "trick" that some cruise lines pull to cheat their customers. But, if Nynashamn was on the original schedule, then, however, the customer was not watching carefully in signing up for this lesser alternative.

THANKS! Enjoy! Terry in Ohio

For details and visuals, etc., from our July 1-16, 2010, Norway Coast/Fjords/Arctic Circle cruise experience from Copenhagen on the Silver Cloud, check out this posting. This posting is now at 105,309 views.

http://www.boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1227923

Stockholm is still showing the Emerald docking at Frihamnen. We're they notified by Princess of a schedule change because the website doesn't say Nynashamn?

I am on the June 3 cruise and the itinerary has not changed in the Cruise Personalizer but the map has changed to include Gothenburg on the excursion page.

I hope this doesn't change things as that would be very disappointing.

In addition to the above posts I would also not be happy with a change to Gothenburg...It ended up being my least favorite port...however we knew when we booked (RCI) that this port had taken the place of Oslo.

I hope this doesn't change things as that would be very disappointing.

I'm not seeing any change on our personalizer itineraries or the port web sites. The map seems to be that for the Royal Princess next year:confused:

Archived