Tracy Arm

JetCruister

We have an aft balcony!! And we are super excited!! I will sign my husband and I for the roll call. Not sure about everyone else!! Can they just show up with us if they want?

Regardless of how long .. it will probably still be my favorite day. No balcony on this cruise (which incidentally looks to be completely sold out) ... so I might be found up in the indoor pool really early that day.....coffee in hand.

You know, the Grand also has a lovely seating section out back near the aft pool. It is one thing I do really love about the Grand....haven't really seen that on any of their other ships. It is such a nice place to enjoy a good book and it is rather wind proof as well. If it is a nice day, maybe that is where I will hang out that morning.

You know, the Grand also has a lovely seating section out back near the aft pool. It is one thing I do really love about the Grand....haven't really seen that on any of their other ships. It is such a nice place to enjoy a good book and it is rather wind proof as well. If it is a nice day, maybe that is where I will hang out that morning.

I think you probably mean the area right behind the OneFive nightclub. This was added when they removed the old Skywalkers lounge and replaced it with the One Five. I agree it is a nice quiet area with some comfortable chairs and is in the shade.

Was on the Dawn Princess 8 years ago and went right up to the glacier, on the Grand Princess 4 years ago, we could barely see the glacier. On the Dawn we were able to get some great pictures as he turned the ship around in front of it.

We have an aft balcony!! And we are super excited!! I will sign my husband and I for the roll call. Not sure about everyone else!! Can they just show up with us if they want?

I just got the Meet and Greet set up. It's at the One5 Nightclub, Saturday, Aug. 20, from 11 am to noon. We'll have a "pay as you go" cash bar. We're a fairly small group, so I'm sure there will be plenty of room for everyone.

Kathy

Regardless of how long .. it will probably still be my favorite day. No balcony on this cruise (which incidentally looks to be completely sold out) ... so I might be found up in the indoor pool really early that day.....coffee in hand.

On our first trip to Alaska, the Sun Princess had an aft seating area on the Aloha deck. It was one of my favorite spots on the ship.

Kathy

We are leaving in August from SF to Alaska for 10 nights, and we are cruising the Tracy Arm and not Glacier Bay. Just wondering if anyone has been in the Tracy Arm this year and how close to the end did you get?

Thanks!! :)

We are doing this one in 2017 also in August. We leave Skagway then we do Tracy Arm then have a sea day before hitting Victoria. If this is the same itinerary you have can you please post the exact information about the small boat tour including the price.

This would definitely be on my list but I need to know more information. I can't seem to get anything based on this exact itinerary. Many say they end in Juneau (or somewhere else) but since we have a sea day afterwards that obviously isn't what we are going to do.

I have to plan (read that as pay) for six people so I need to figure out the budget. More importantly though I am a planner and would really love to do this. That is if it really exists for our itinerary. It is a better to have and not need then need and not have situation.

We are leaving in August from SF to Alaska for 10 nights, and we are cruising the Tracy Arm and not Glacier Bay. Just wondering if anyone has been in the Tracy Arm this year and how close to the end did you get?

Thanks!! :)

We are doing this one in 2017 also in August. We leave Skagway then we do Tracy Arm then have a sea day before hitting Victoria. If this is the same itinerary you have can you please post the exact information about the small boat tour including the price.

This would definitely be on my list but I need to know more information. I can't seem to get anything based on this exact itinerary or on the same ship. Many say they end in Juneau (or somewhere else) but since we have a sea day afterwards that obviously isn't what we are going to do.

I have to plan (read that as pay) for six people so I need to figure out the budget. More importantly though I am a planner and would really love to do this. That is if it really exists for our itinerary. It is a better to have and not need then need and not have situation.

Lucky you!! That is fabulous....

We had already booked a Pacific Coastal out of Seattle for September. I couldn't talk my sister in law into that one ... but we got such a great deal, didn't want to give it up. So, we are doing both but only an oceanview on this one as we didn't really budget for it ahead of time. I usually love the cabins on the Emerald deck ... but if there is any place to get a balcony, it is Alaska!!

I would think it would be fine for others to join in on the roll call, especially since it is a cash bar. I am sure Princess would just say, the more the merrier. It would be different if it were like one of my roll call groups ... over 400 in it so far. That is crazy, isn't it?

I think you probably mean the area right behind the OneFive nightclub. This was added when they removed the old Skywalkers lounge and replaced it with the One Five. I agree it is a nice quiet area with some comfortable chairs and is in the shade.

I think that is the place....an area on each side in the shade and comfy chairs. We only used it once so cannot remember exactly where it was but definitely in the aft section. I thoroughly enjoyed it.

Our kids and parents also have an aft balcony! We really do feel lucky to have been able to get one on this cruise since we booked late! Our first choice is always an aft cabin! Our cruise in 2017 on Celebrity we are trying the Aqua Class for the first time! And they did not have any balconies on the back! :( We also have a small group (8) of us on a 14 Night Southern Exotic Caribbean Cruise!

Tried to sign me and my husband up, but I kept getting kicked off?? Can you sign us up? I will let our group know when the meetings are and see if anyone wants to join! Super excited!!

We had already booked a Pacific Coastal out of Seattle for September. I couldn't talk my sister in law into that one ... but we got such a great deal, didn't want to give it up. So, we are doing both but only an oceanview on this one as we didn't really budget for it ahead of time. I usually love the cabins on the Emerald deck ... but if there is any place to get a balcony, it is Alaska!!

I would think it would be fine for others to join in on the roll call, especially since it is a cash bar. I am sure Princess would just say, the more the merrier. It would be different if it were like one of my roll call groups ... over 400 in it so far. That is crazy, isn't it?

And over 400 people...that is crazy!!

We've done Tracy Arm 6 times and only got to the Sawyer Glaciers once! This year our captain took us down the Endicott Arm after Tracy Arm didn't pan out and we were able to get up close to Dawes Glacier and see it calve.

Tracy Arm is much more spectacular (narrower channel, higher cliffs) than Endicott Arm, but in my opinion Endicott Arm should be the primary rather than the secondary destination at least during May and June.

And over 400 people...that is crazy!!

It is a special itinerary ... we will be at Mardi Gras this coming year.

Not sure about signing up for the roll call. I have done so on Celebrity (Connections) but didn't realize there was one for Princess.

:confused:

Since we usually cruise on Celebrity, we have signed up through the Celebirty Connections! Can't find the one the Princess and do not know how to sign up! :)

It is a special itinerary ... we will be at Mardi Gras this coming year.

Not sure about signing up for the roll call. I have done so on Celebrity (Connections) but didn't realize there was one for Princess.

:confused:

Since we usually cruise on Celebrity, we have signed up through the Celebirty Connections! Can't find the one the Princess and do not know how to sign up! :)

I haven't found one for Princess, only for Celebrity. We usually sail on Princess and have only followed the roll call schedule. I am sure if we attend the roll call that Kathy has so kindly set up, we'll be fine.

Day 2 at 11 AM at the One5.

It's getting close now. I have some house guests in the meantime but swear I am not going off on any vacations until this cruise!! Just saying NO to all temptations. LOL

The small boat tour from the ship gets much closer to the glacier! It's a spectacular trip. You can book it thru Princess - look for "Tracy Arm" excursion. It's well worth the expense. It was one of our favorite excursions ever! My Avatar is a photo of Icy Falls which I took on the small boat tour. We saw several whales on our way to Juneau, the ship paused for awhile for us to watch them.

Just post on the roll call that you plan to attend and I'll include you on the list. Princess doesn't do formal roll call groups like Celebrity and Royal, so ours is done through the roll call forum. Just remember, the One5 Nightclub at 11 am Saturday, Aug. 20.

Kathy

I believe the small boat excursion is listed under Juneau on the princess site. We were on the Ruby last week, didn't get into Tracy Arm, same thing happened when we went years ago so I have nothing to compare seeing Endicott but reading this info about not getting all the way into Tracy Arm, I'm thankful we got so far up towards the glacier each time in Endicott. It's simply beautiful.

I didn't fully understand the small boat excursion and didn't look into it closely because my family was not interested in spending that much time on a small boat. I won't make that mistake again. The excursion last week, saw calving, seals and baby seals, a bear, and whales.....sort of like getting several excursions in one. One thing is for sure, I will never get tired of an Alaska cruise.

Just post on the roll call that you plan to attend and I'll include you on the list. Princess doesn't do formal roll call groups like Celebrity and Royal, so ours is done through the roll call forum. Just remember, the One5 Nightclub at 11 am Saturday, Aug. 20.

Kathy

Thank you for the information!!

I believe the small boat excursion is listed under Juneau on the princess site. We were on the Ruby last week, didn't get into Tracy Arm, same thing happened when we went years ago so I have nothing to compare seeing Endicott but reading this info about not getting all the way into Tracy Arm, I'm thankful we got so far up towards the glacier each time in Endicott. It's simply beautiful.

I didn't fully understand the small boat excursion and didn't look into it closely because my family was not interested in spending that much time on a small boat. I won't make that mistake again. The excursion last week, saw calving, seals and baby seals, a bear, and whales.....sort of like getting several excursions in one. One thing is for sure, I will never get tired of an Alaska cruise.

This is not being offered on our trip! :(