Copenhagen Hotel

We will be traveling to Copenhagen to sail on a 14 night NCL cruise. I will be traveling with my DW and 18 year old son.

I am looking for recommendations of a hotel that would be good for us to stay in 2 or 3 nights pre cruise. I am not looking for a Motel 6, but i can't afford a 5 star property.:o

Any and all suggestions would be greatly appreciated.:)

Many thanks

Edited by endymion6942

I can't vouch for any of these hotels because I have not stayed in them, but I have been doing some research.

It depends on what part of town you are interested in. If you want to be near the train station and Tivoli, look at Clarion Mayfair. It offers breakfast and a light dinner. That could save you some money in an already expensive city.

If you want to be near Nyhaven, look at Best Western City. It is near a metro stop for easy transport from the airport. In the same neighborhood, look at Neptun. It used to be part of the Clarion group and also offers a light evening buffet. The Best Western includes breakfast only.

Pricing depends on when you are in Copenhagen. There is a major song contest there in early May and hotels are very expensive - double or more - during that period.

Pricing depends on when you are in Copenhagen. There is a major song contest there in early May and hotels are very expensive - double or more - during that period.

The Eurovision Song Contest 2014 is from May 1st to May 10th.

I stayed in Plaza Hotel for 2 nights before my Baltic cruise last year. The hotel is right opposite the Tivoli Garden, also very close to the main station. It is also near the sightseeing bus terminal. It is a traditional hotel, room spacious, price reasonable.

My brother, sister-in-law and 2 kids stayed in a family room.

http://www.profilhotels.com/copenhagenplaza/

We stayed at The Square, on the recommendation of TLC Ohio, and others here on CC. Check out the reviews on Tripadvisor. We walked everywhere from this location, and we reserved with the breakfast included, which was a very hearty. Another reason we stayed here is that there are very few hotels in Copenhagen with A/C and this is one of them. We went in July and didn't want to take any chances.

Didn't the metro construction on the front of the hotel bother you at all.

Or the Scala high rise construction on the backside of the hotel for that matter.

We were there 2011 the metro construction was going on then it was an inconvenience to cross the street but did not bother our stay.

We were there 2011 the metro construction was going on then it was an inconvenience to cross the street but did not bother our stay.

We are thinking about The Square as our pre-cruise hotel stay. How did you make your reservation: through the hotel website? another website? We are hesitant to use a third party website (i.e. hotels.com) as we have read about problems (arriving and no rooms available). We will need 4 rooms as we are four couples traveling together. Thanks in advance for any advice you can give.

I always use Hotels.com because of their welcome rewards (10th night is free) and only one time i had a problem with a "lost" reservation (it was prepaid) for a hotel in Berlin.

But if it was the hotel or Hotels.com that made the mistake I don´t know, but we were upgraded to a better hotel so there was no big problems.

We are thinking about The Square as our pre-cruise hotel stay. How did you make your reservation: through the hotel website? another website? We are hesitant to use a third party website (i.e. hotels.com) as we have read about problems (arriving and no rooms available). We will need 4 rooms as we are four couples traveling together. Thanks in advance for any advice you can give.

I alway book through each particular Hotel website. I like to book with the option to cancel without paying. We booked the breakfast package. I always use a booking site such as Kayak to look at the various deals, and almost always find that the hotel websites match it.