Another week has gone by

With food looking at you to buy

Did you say I don't need that sweet

Will have some salad and meat

Remember we don't need pumpkins, ghosts in candy

Just because every store has it handy

As the Holidays and winter months come near

Have to say I will lose weight this three months of the year

Nice poem, Belle. I share your feelings about the folks in the path of hurricane Matthew. It must be a terrible feeling to see it bearing down on you. It's possible, but unlikely, that it will make its way to northern Virginia.

I didn't have a successful week as I gained a pound to 186. I'm not sure why I gained but it's probably due to eating at restaurants a couple of times. I hope to do better next week.

I hope everyone has a good week with their weight loss plans and otherwise.

Good morning all - thanks for more words of wisdom Belle. So true, if we can just manage a few of the little things, the picture surely should come into focus all by itself.

I feel SO fortunate to live in a place with few, if any, potential for disasters. I want to retire near water, but man, something like this comes along and it makes wonder...

Sorry for the setback Cruiserman - hard to not live life without a few indulgences, but they seem to result in a punch to the face like an angry god 😠.

Me, no clue how I managed, but before the work and camp trips I was 193,and this morning the scale surprised me with 191. The relapse has passed, me and the missus are diligently following good eating and exercise habits, and my focus is back.

A few things I learned this week:

Some sandwich/sub shops - they'll take your sandwich, ditch the bread or wrap, and just wrap the fixings in lettuce leaves. Kind of messy, but huge reduction in carbs and calories.

Some restaurants, if you just inquire - will get you a plain baked potato with nothing on it, not butter or oil rub on the outside - nada. (Same with veggies, but I'm not a veggie guy so I'm going off the missus' experience.)

In a nutshell, the restaurant industry is so cutthroat right now, and the public so much more clued into healthier eating - that it is worth it to them to bend a little and satisfy a customer and not lose business down the road.

Chances are pretty good that no matter what you ask, they probably have heard it before, and it's no big deal.

Hope everyone has a good weekend - great to see new folks with the same challenges as us.

Hi all!

Belle ~ nice thoughts. Good for you taking more cruises, you have to take care of yourself, paperwork etc can wait.

shootr ~ some good ideas there. I often just eat the bottom bun of a burger & don't eat the crust of the pie but saying that, it didn't quite work out this week as I'm up 0.4 lbs.:(

Monday is our Thanksgiving & I'll be making turkey & the trimmings for the 2 of us.

Have a great week.

~ Jo ~ :)

Hi all!

Belle ~ nice thoughts. Good for you taking more cruises, you have to take care of yourself, paperwork etc can wait.

shootr ~ some good ideas there. I often just eat the bottom bun of a burger & don't eat the crust of the pie but saying that, it didn't quite work out this week as I'm up 0.4 lbs.:(

Monday is our Thanksgiving & I'll be making turkey & the trimmings for the 2 of us.

Have a great week.

Jo, are you participating in the cabin crawl on the TA? We are hosting our room (aft wrap).

Well I am finally not at 134. I was holding steady at 134 for a long time but having to travel for work has been to much eating out in the past few weeks and I am up a pound and a half. Only more 20 days until cruise. :)

Hi all!

cruises42 ~ yes, I will be going on the cabin crawl from the roll call.

Wow, you're leaving soon for the cruise before the TA, wishing you safe travels & fun times.:D See you in 2 weeks or so!

One thing that could have led to my small gain was I didn't do my Wii Fit for a few days in a row as I had places to go.:o

Have a great weekend.

Sorry for the late check in this week. We were in the storm path and life has been massively complicated :) No damage, but were without power/water for a bit. Many in our town still are.

Anyway, I was down 1.4 at weigh in (Yea!)

However, really fell off the wagon during the storm. Too much Junk+anxiety is not a good combo. Hoping to make up for it before next weigh in.

Congrats to those who lost!

Sorry for the late check in this week. We were in the storm path and life has been massively complicated :) No damage, but were without power/water for a bit. Many in our town still are.

Anyway, I was down 1.4 at weigh in (Yea!)

However, really fell off the wagon during the storm. Too much Junk+anxiety is not a good combo. Hoping to make up for it before next weigh in.

Congrats to those who lost!

I'm sorry you had to deal with the rain and wind. It must have been a scary experience. I'm sure losing weight was the last thing on your mind.

Don't know why it's so hard to lock onto the zone, but when it does I'm so grateful.

So far this weekend has been perfect, under 1500 GOOD calories/day, including a night out with the kids. Went to a BBQ pit, only indulgence was a Tanqueray and tonic - rest was a lettuce wedge (dressing on the side) and brisket.

Today it was chores, a cigar (to stay away from food) and now some garlic chicken breasts for lunch/dinner.

682509e01c5864e25ca168d8bed72904.jpg

(That's a seasoned pan, not neglected, I swear :-))

Hope everyone is safe and doing OK this weekend.

I've been on and off eating a ketogenic diet since July 4th. It works when I work it. I have had too many cheat days/weekends lately. Now that I've booked a cruise for August, I am more motivated to start again. I just made a vision wall for the next 100 days that will take me to our Disney vacation in January that includes diet, meditation and exercise. I've lost about 24lbs so far and am looking to lose another 25-35. I gained a bunch before being diagnosed hypothyroid and it has been extremely difficult to lose. Eating keto is the only thing that has touched it. I would love to be comfortable in a bathing suit again!

I am a few days late. But here is my weigh in 171.4.

I was down to 159 from 212 at the start of my cruise in September. I fell off the wagon but yesterday I jumped back on.

We cruise again in January and I would like to be 150 by then.

I've been on and off eating a ketogenic diet since July 4th. It works when I work it. I have had too many cheat days/weekends lately. Now that I've booked a cruise for August, I am more motivated to start again. I just made a vision wall for the next 100 days that will take me to our Disney vacation in January that includes diet, meditation and exercise. I've lost about 24lbs so far and am looking to lose another 25-35. I gained a bunch before being diagnosed hypothyroid and it has been extremely difficult to lose. Eating keto is the only thing that has touched it. I would love to be comfortable in a bathing suit again!

I dig ideas like your vision wall. They say men are "visual", and that's true for me. If I can see what I used to look like, what I want to look like, things I want to do, clothes I want to look good in - then my motivation jumps significantly.

What is a ketogenic diet? Is this one that you must see a Dr. for?

I am a few days late. But here is my weigh in 171.4.

I was down to 159 from 212 at the start of my cruise in September. I fell off the wagon but yesterday I jumped back on.

We cruise again in January and I would like to be 150 by then.

My goal is to be 150 by my December cruise - so I'm right there with you! 10 lbs to go in 8 weeks. I think it's doable!