Avoiding long lines at car rental agencies on disembarkation (miami)

J18

We need to catch an 850pm flight home FLL and would like to rent a car to take advantage of our full day.

I read the rental agencies near the port are usually very slow with long lines.

Our preference was Miami int'l since its a fraction of the price but I read there too will be slow on disembarkation day and regular airport traffic.

Would miami beach be the best option? If yes, what would a taxi cost to south or mid beach?

Most of the major car rental companies offer express car pickup for the members of their programs. The details vary, but for Hertz, there is a board with your name on it and the stall number. You go there, and the rental agreement in hanging from the rear view mirror. Go to the exit and present the agreement and your DL and hit the road.

Agree with Paul...join the rental car programs. You provide all of your details in your program profile - drivers license number, credit card, address and your preferences on liability coverage, fuel, damage waiver, car class; all the things you do at the counter. So, in effect, all that paperwork time is already done in advance.

When you get to the rental car center, there will be a sign at the desk saying "Blue Chip go to XXX" (Thrifty example) or "Number 1 Gold go to XXX" (Hertz example).

Some companies will pre-assign a specific car. Others will send you to an area where you can have your choice of what's there.

ABSOLUTELY worth it.

Could I get such service by booking through Costco?

I got a reservation for 20$ for the day at airport... If I can get that type of service it be great.

Sent from my XT1097 using Tapatalk

It would probably be best to ask Costco that!
Actually, it would be the rental car company you need to deal with. Once you have an account ID, contact the rental company and ask to have your frequent renter account ID put into your reservation. You can then ask to be sure that it would work.

Costco is merely acting as a travel agency to make the reservation. The actual implementation of any program benefits would be up to the rental company.