El Cheapo Cruises Thread

found a website showing rhapsody april 17th 934ish pp inside but when I try to get into royal Caribbean website it isn't even showing up as a cruise. there is only a Sydney to Sydney for 6th april. I left options open too showing anywhere as destination just trying to put in Sydney departure and name of the ship.

trying to find reasonable flight before I go and book the cruise.

any suggestions?????

we have a FCC to use with royal and in the past found it almost impossible to use thru a TA.

Try searching via departure port Sydney and month April. Price seem to jump around on their website. Changing dining preferences changes price ect.

With the flights Singapore to Melbourne. Jetstar has advised me that specials are based on where you look like you live. By selecting one way from Singapore to Melbourne it looks like I get the Singapore price which doubles the cost. They can't do it as a 1 way special for Australians travelling from Singapore. None of this makes sense but then again neither does their Call centre.

I will be on their case on Monday trying to get the $160 price!

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

Thanks I had tried all those suggestions, but played around again and eventually I got the cruise up on the screen and it was showing just under $1400 for inside. I like to do all my own bookings but unless I can find a definite confirmation of booking I cant go ahead and book any flights.

Once I got caught out booking a cruise over a weekend and then on the Monday I received an email saying there were no staterooms available at that price but I could upgrade.... ggggrrrrr we love a bargain, not to be teased by TA's who try to bait us with cheap deals that don't exist.

I agree that just doesn't make sense with Jetstar, as that's one advantage of flying with them that we can book one way flights. I got into their website and its showing one way Singapore to melboune for $302.

I might go to one of the local TAs that are open in the shopping centres tomorrow.

The cruise is showing up on there website as under $1400 but you need to do a full booking to get the cheaper prices and then also play around with the dining options (don't know why this is the case but it works).

Not happy over flight but will get into flight Dante about these and see what they can do.

Some of the online websites can do the flights back from Singapore for $160 but you are paying a $30 booking charge.

I will be calling Jetstar on Monday to see what they can do.

Once I got caught out booking a cruise over a weekend and then on the Monday I received an email saying there were no staterooms available at that price but I could upgrade.... ggggrrrrr we love a bargain, not to be teased by TA's who try to bait us with cheap deals that don't exist.

I'm don't really think it is ethical when they do that and they shouldn't be able to get away with it. Apparently some don't process the payment until the booking is confirmed but they still have your CC details.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Edited by cruisine21

Now I'm worried. I placed mine on my credit card but royal did a 24 courtesy hold rather than process. Says I'm yet to pay when I have.

Just checked cabin availability there is quiet a few insides and not many in the other categories. 11 JS, a couple of balconies but that's all. Final payment must be due.

Now I'm worried. I placed mine on my credit card but royal did a 24 courtesy hold rather than process. Says I'm yet to pay when I have.

Just checked cabin availability there is quiet a few insides and not many in the other categories. 11 JS, a couple of balconies but that's all. Final payment must be due.

It would be on hold for at least 48 hours and/or until the cc is processed.:D

ive also got mine on hold, but I deliberately chose the 24 hour hold til I am able to sort out the flights.

Any luck with flights? I'm thinking I'm going to have to book them for the $400 from a travel agent. Calling Jetstar tommorow.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Tried scoot but they don't start flying Singapore to melbourne until later in the year,

The website with the $99 cruise sale is also offering $99 return airfare to Singapore but getting that would be difficult.

Thinking of staying in Singapore night after the cruise at royal plaza on Scott's

Tried scoot but they don't start flying Singapore to melbourne until later in the year,

The website with the $99 cruise sale is also offering $99 return airfare to Singapore but getting that would be difficult.

Thinking of staying in Singapore night after the cruise at royal plaza on Scott's

I would try to take the airfares from the cruise sale and see how it goes.:D

Edited by MicCanberra

Worked out how to get the cheap airfares with Jetstar.

We live in Melbourne and cruise departs Sydney. Select multi destination on home page. Type melbourne-sydney & dates ect. Then return type Singapore to Melbourne. Total including luggage was $550. Not happy with the $89 Melb-sydney charge but saved heaps on the cruise & Singapore flights.

Worked out how to get the cheap airfares with Jetstar.

We live in Melbourne and cruise departs Sydney. Select multi destination on home page. Type melbourne-sydney & dates ect. Then return type Singapore to Melbourne. Total including luggage was $550. Not happy with the $89 Melb-sydney charge but saved heaps on the cruise & Singapore flights.

That's quite good. Sing-Syd via Melb is $466 pp.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Esilef - we are also in Melbourne, south eastern suburbs.

Who was that with? I haven't started looking at the melb to Sydney bit.

I was planning on Jetstar they are showing 302 plus luggage so need to keep looking. the $550 is that for 2 people or one?

Just found it thanks. I went into a TA this arvo at the local shopping centre and made apt to go back tomorrow to sort everything out on jetstars website it was showing 302pp.

Just noticed that royal have extended their sale, not only do we get the buy one get one half price, but I think we should get OBC. Do you know if this cruise is considered an Asian repositioning cruise? if it is we get OBC for an inside its $200US so I might keep my future cruise cert for another time.

We also plan to stay one night post cruise.

The main thing to do is to ensure you do the booking as a multi destination and include the Melb - sydney. Then Singapore - Melb. That way the Singapore part is in aud.

The $550 is for 1 adult & 1 child with 1 x 20kg luggage. Return.

Select direct deposit so u don't pay fees and have flights on hold for 48 hours.

We are going to Sydney on the 17th at 11am and flying back in the 4 May. 1 night Singapore. Staying at the royal plaza on scots at $200aud a night. Perfect location right on orchard road.

I'm calling royal this morning to ask some questions.

The main thing to do is to ensure you do the booking as a multi destination and include the Melb - sydney. Then Singapore - Melb. That way the Singapore part is in aud.

The $550 is for 1 adult & 1 child with 1 x 20kg luggage. Return.

Select direct deposit so u don't pay fees and have flights on hold for 48 hours.

We are going to Sydney on the 17th at 11am and flying back in the 4 May. 1 night Singapore. Staying at the royal plaza on scots at $200aud a night. Perfect location right on orchard road.

I'm calling royal this morning to ask some questions.

Good luck,:D

Good price for flight out of Singapore to Melbourne. I paid $564 with Qantas. However, jetstar didn't have a flight that day direct (15 April) not that I could see.

My dates are different. We are flying out of Singapore on the 4 may.

Have you thought of spending time on Singapore? Jetstar doesn't fly everyday from there to melbourne

Good price for flight out of Singapore to Melbourne. I paid $564 with Qantas. However, jetstar didn't have a flight that day direct (15 April) not that I could see.

Jetstar is flying on the 16/4 Singapore to melbourne but is showing in Singapore $$$

Jetstar is flying on the 16/4 Singapore to melbourne but is showing in Singapore $$$

I saw that. it goes a weird time and I need to get back to work. Can't waste precious leave days. :D