Hyatt Place Fort Lauderdale Convention center 17th street

SMSACE6

My parents are staying here in March, and have stayed here before. They are in their 80's and one is not very mobile. They say no restaurants near enough for them.

I Know there is no sit down with service restaurant at this hotel, but their website says many restaurants 1/4 mile away. That might actually still be too far for my father to walk.

Does anyone familiar with this hotel, know if there are any restaurants just next door? say within a minute or two walk? It has been a couple of years since their last time staying here.

Thanks for any info.:)

They could get buy with Outback for dinner and then the continental breakfast offered by the Hyatt in the morning.

Do tell them this Hyatt has a/c units under the window which tend to be quite noisy and blows right out over the bed or beds. No central a/c here.

Outback Steakhouse is less than a block away. Maybe they would be better off at Embassy Suites or at Sheraton Airport as they have restaurants in the lobbies.

Thanks, I think Outback will work for them. Will mention Embassy Suites also. Thanks again.:)

They could get buy with Outback for dinner and then the continental breakfast offered by the Hyatt in the morning.

Do tell them this Hyatt has a/c units under the window which tend to be quite noisy and blows right out over the bed or beds. No central a/c here.

Thanks, yes I think Outback will work for them quite well, and I will mention the AC . Thanks again.:)

While Hyatt Place hotels do not have a traditional sit-down restaurant on site, they do have 24-hour food available. They have a small menu and staff to prepare the requested foods. I haven't tried any if those offerings, and suspect they are pre-packed and microwaved, but I am unsure.

We are staying there on the 3-5th of Jan and I called them about how far the water taxi was and they stated that it was about 1/2 mile. I asked them if they had a complimentary shuttle and they stated that they did. I hope this would help. One person in our party can not walk too far as well so that is why I asked them. I wish you well. :)

Edited by Droop

We Stayed here in October of this year, there is now an Italian Restaurant right next to the Hotel, and just past that is the Outback Steakhouse.:)

The Italian Restaurant (Bistro Mezzaluna) is very expensive but is also highly rated. It was on SE 17th St for a long time and moved to its current location this year. I didn't mention it because most 80+ yr old cruisers aren't looking for expensive fine dining, but if they are it's a great choice.

I thank you all for your excellent advice and recommendations. I have relayed this info to them, and they seem to be satisfied with the Outback restaurant, as well as the fact that there is breakfast and the option of other food items that are available at the hotel as has been mentioned above. Thanks again. I think it is more me who is the worry wart!:o

While Hyatt Place hotels do not have a traditional sit-down restaurant on site, they do have 24-hour food available. They have a small menu and staff to prepare the requested foods. I haven't tried any if those offerings, and suspect they are pre-packed and microwaved, but I am unsure.

We stayed there in November and ate right at the little restaurant in the main area. The menu is limited but the burger and salad my husband had the quesadilla I had were excellent and definitely not pre-packed. They also have a case of bakery items that were awesome. They also offered to have the order delivered to our room but we declined. We would definitely eat there again.

Edited by Happy2cruise

That is good to know! I've stayed in a number of Hyatt Place locations, and always felt that the breakfast isn't bad, but had been a bit nervous about the other items. A number of places that used to cook have started going with many more pre-packed foods, so I assumed HP was the same.

We have also eaten at the hotel -- it took quite a while to get the food, but it was good. The menu is limited but has sandwiches, soups, and salads - also desserts. I am pretty sure if you go to Hyatt Place's website for that location you can pull up a menu.

As for the shuttle - you have to sign up when you check in. They take a van and a "trailer" for the luggage. The shuttle makes stops at all terminals so you can be on it for some time. We found taking a taxi more convenient and I think it was about $15. (The shuttle has a small charge as well)

The Italian Restaurant (Bistro Mezzaluna) is very expensive but is also highly rated. It was on SE 17th St for a long time and moved to its current location this year. I didn't mention it because most 80+ yr old cruisers aren't looking for expensive fine dining, but if they are it's a great choice.

One of my all time favorites.