Photo Blog of our Alaska Cruise

AryMay

Last summer after we returned from our cruise to Alaska on the Coral Princess, I wrote a very lengthy report with photos. I have done this after all of our cruises...partly to pay back some of the knowledge I've gained on CC and partly just to record my memories while they were fresh.

At the time of the Alaska trip, I had hoped to do a live day-by-day blog for my friends and family at home but it turned out to be a big fail...lack of internet, lack of time, etc. so I gave up. But...the idea of doing a blog stuck with me.

So...this past fall, with a long winter ahead of me, I decided I was going to do it! Rather than wait until our next cruise to start, I decided to write the blog I had HOPED to do while we were in Alaska. Little by little, I have covered each and every day of our cruise and land tour...and finally got it finished!

I hesitate to share the link just because I know most people checking this board have already seen my review. But...judging from the increase in traffic on this board, I also know there are a lot of folks just starting to research their trips. The blog is "almost" the same as the CC review, but there are a few differences and a few more photos. The one advantage to reading a blog is that you can pick and choose sections and not have to wade through everyone else's comments.

So...if you are doing some trip planning...or just have a lot of time you would like to fill...here are the links to my CC review AND my new blog! My goal is to continue to update the blog with future travels...sort of my "online scrapbook!"

The posts will show up in REVERSE order, so use the Post Archive list on the right to go back to the beginning!

My Souvenir Memories Blog

Cruise Critic Alaska Photojournal

Edited by AryMay

I think I read your photo blog when it was originally posted, but it was great to review it with all of the information together. The thing that really stands out to me is just how happy you all look in your photos. Even if Alaska wasn't at the top of your list before, you clearly had a great time!

I really appreciate the link to your blog. Loved hitching a ride with you on your vacation. We have a trip planned for this July. What camera and lens did you use?

GertieginSC

I'm pretty sure you saw my response on the other thread!

The thing that really stands out to me is just how happy you all look in your photos. Even if Alaska wasn't at the top of your list before, you clearly had a great time!

Yep...best trip ever!! I am convinced that Alaska is the prettiest place on earth!

I have never been but hope to go some day.

Don't put it off too long...you will love it!

It was such an informative read - it got me so excited for my upcoming Alaska cruise that I reserved cars in Juneau and Skagway before I finished reading it all!

Good for you! Hopefully you got a decent deal!

thanks for sharing the blog. We enjoy reading it

Thanks to you and the others who have commented! I enjoyed reliving my trip while writing it!

Thank you so much for this great blog! It only makes me much more anxious for May to come!

What transfer company did you use to get from Whittier? We were trying to figure out getting back to Anchorage.

AryMay's trip report contains those kinds of details. You'll find a link to the report next to her signature. But here's the answer:

<<<We had made reservations with Anchorage Tours and Transfers at a “online sale rate” of $28 per person for their direct transfer.>>

Thanks for posting your blog ! It was fun to go thru the photos again. And hopefully your post will lead more folks to the trip reports STICKY at the top of the forum. Your photo journal and others are such great resource to help with planning.

As I enjoyed your Vancouver photos, I couldn't help but wonder why people are in such a rush to board the ship and miss an entire morning to explore Stanley Park, Granville Island.

Edited by mapleleaves

Thank you so much for this great blog! It only makes me much more anxious for May to come!

What transfer company did you use to get from Whittier? We were trying to figure out getting back to Anchorage.

We used Anchorage Tours & Transfers. They have direct transfers (which we took) and also ones that include stops along the way. I was very pleased with their service. We mentioned to our driver that we wanted to stop at Walmart and she took time to show us exactly how to get there.

I remember there was some confusion with names of companies when we were reading reviews last year. In fact if you google Anchorage Tours & Transfers it takes you to one webpage and then refers you to another. Anyway...here is the link to where we booked. (I was also able to use a coupon book to get a buy one/get one free ticket.)

http://www.akcruiseshuttle.com/cruise-transfers

Edit: Oops...just saw that Mapleleaves had already answered this...thanks!

Edited by AryMay

Thanks for taking the time to post links to your review and photo journal. I enjoyed reading through them and look at the pictures. It brought back happy memories of our two cruises in Alaska.

We are looking forward to booking another cruise next year. Alaska is amazing!