Papeete RoundTrip on the Shadow

duct tape

Such gorgeous geography and weather. Huahine yesterday. Snorkeling in the lagoon with Motu picnic. Terrific. Had the CC M&M on boarding day, 2 days ago. The 6 of us have sailed together at one time or another so it was more of a reunion! Auto accident yesterday between the shuttle bus and another vehicle. Injuries to quite a few people but no one left ashore. Dedrick Bonner was a true entertainer last night. He was shaken and sore from the accident but the Show Must Go On and it did! @sea on our way to the Cook Islands. Will get a handle on the guest composition today. Lat.

Such gorgeous geography and weather. Huahine yesterday. Snorkeling in the lagoon with Motu picnic. Terrific. Had the CC M&M on boarding day, 2 days ago. The 6 of us have sailed together at one time or another so it was more of a reunion! Auto accident yesterday between the shuttle bus and another vehicle. Injuries to quite a few people but no one left ashore. Dedrick Bonner was a true entertainer last night. He was shaken and sore from the accident but the Show Must Go On and it did! @sea on our way to the Cook Islands. Will get a handle on the guest composition today.

Oops. Sorry for the double post. Internet has really been acting out. There are 369 guests(really full) with 174 Venetians. The nations of the world are well represented and will keep the International Hostesses busy! We have new lecturers on Polynesian Culture, history, folkways and mores. H Stern is still here as well as another Trunk Show and a lecturer/salesperson from Tahia Pearls. As usual, fitness classes, shuffleboard, unhosted Bridge, cooking demos, wine tastings, language classes, art tours, bingo, trivia and golf. This will be a fairly port intensive segment so will not be repeating much. Lovely day at sea, formal Captain's Welcome Party and Hi Cs in the theatre after dinner. Later.

Thanx! We are/were headed to the Cook Islands, Rarotonga today and Aitutaki tomorrow...not. 35K winds and big swells. Headed back to French Polynesia. I sure hope that folks who booked this trip were aware that cancelled ports would not be a surprise. The South Pacific is so iffy.

Good morning from BoraBora. The rain stopped during the night and is slightly overcast. Same excursions as last segment. We are going snorkeling with the rays and sharks! Nice Venetian Party last evening. Some goofy people wore beautiful, aromatic floral headdresses made by the local women in the market in Raiatea yesterday. Lovely.

Good morning from BoraBora. The rain stopped during the night and is slightly overcast. Same excursions as last segment. We are going snorkeling with the rays and sharks! Nice Venetian Party last evening. Some goofy people wore beautiful, aromatic floral headdresses made by the local women in the market in Raiatea yesterday. Lovely.

That is a great tour. Hope you enjoy it.

Your reports from one of the most pleasant cruising areas in the world are bringing back a host of happy memories for us both.Sorry about the weather,just back from my pm walk winds 50 mph,torrential rain and temp at 8 centigrade.Tell J I will swap him places !! Carry on the posts to refresh happy memories and enjoy. B & M.

Turnover day tomorrow in Papeete. Maybe one of the CC posters will jump in here and report soon. We will be off for a few days of R&R here on Moorea. Life is tough! I will miss the next CC M&M but Selvaggia and Jimmy will take notes for me. Welcome aboard to the new folks and safe travels to those on their way home.

Turnover day tomorrow in Papeete. Maybe one of the CC posters will jump in here and report soon. We will be off for a few days of R&R here on Moorea. Life is tough! I will miss the next CC M&M but Selvaggia and Jimmy will take notes for me. Welcome aboard to the new folks and safe travels to those on their way home.

Shame about that, I suggested that friends who are joining 'look you up'. Anyway have a fabulous time ashore.

We really did, thanx. We are back in BoraBora again again. The Explorer is also here so I imagine there will be much inter-visiting today. Will get rates and current info on guests.

Thanx. JP has posted the current unlimited rates on the Live Cloud thread today, so do not bother please unless they are different.

Edited by Silver Spectre

Arrived Papeete again today. RoundTrip #2 was very pleasant with278 aboard, 14 in transit, 119 Venetians. 64 were Kiwis and Aussies so you know a good time was had by all. CC M&M had a few of us, blaze13. And duct tape. Later on met bebelin, progolfer416 but never encountered Beachsunrise. Moorea was very busy and all the shore excursions were the same as mentioned in the other 2 threads about this trip. Huahine was its usual gorgeous self. The Windstar Spirit was anchored close by. Shuttle to Fare village, VERY hot, but local market, music, exotic hibiscus for sale. The most spectacular sail away past mist wrapt mountains and a setting sun. In Raiatea we took the Faaroa River cruise, very pleasant but it gets to the point that if you do not back out you may wind up in the heart of darkness. Back in BoraBora it was a busy day with guests and crew shuttling back and forth on RIBS between the Shadow and the Explorer. Saw familiar guests and crew. Very fun. The monsoonal rains made it a short day! Venetian night was held in the Panorama Lounge, always a better idea, IMHO. SS Entertainers were able to get a few cabarets in and I think they were well attended. In Nuka Hiva, Marquesas, we revisited the church (long story). The island was much more active at the tender landing than the last time we were here. More crafts, more music, lots more people. A fab Indian dinner with some new friends, lots of special dinners this segment. Atuona, Hiva O'a, marquesa use as, was a new port for us and what a wonderful find! More beautiful than the previous beautiful stop. Lots of flowers. Took the shuttle (old school bus) up the hill to the Cemetary. Then climbed some more to visit the most famous residents, Paul Gaugain and Jacques Brel. Down the hill to the town with museums for both of the above characters. Tough day on the tenders but the deck crew did their usual excellent job. Pumpkin carving contest, very clever ideas and I really liked the Rasta Pumpkin and Shrek Pumpkin. At sea, Duke and friends did his opera pre show and it was stunning, as usual. Halloween Party in the Bar was a hoot. Only a few guests in costume, but we were noticed! Yesterday, great snorkeling in Rangiroa, Tuamoto Islamds.there is even a winery on the atoll but we did not get the opportunity. That was probably a good thing. Grape s are transported by boat for processing. OK. Arrived Papette this morning. Jimmy is calling tag colors and so it comes to an end. Phew. I feel a little breathless! Off to lunch and then a new thread for the next segment!