"Adventure Park Maya Lost Mayan Kingdom" vs. "Royal Aerial Adventure Park"

Matt&Carolyn

Hi! I'm trying to decide our excursion to Maya Lost Mayan Kingdom. Royal Caribbean offers both of these choices - "Adventure Park Maya Lost Mayan Kingdom" and "Royal Aerial Adventure Park" (as well two other options, both of which do not seem to mention the ziplines and one of those also has a beach break). Can anyone help me understand the difference between the two? We want to do the whole water park and the ziplines and zip coaster. The only difference I can really see between the two is that the first is 5.5 hours and the second is 6.5 hours, but the first is more expensive than the other. I must be missing something! ;) I'd love any help you can offer! :)

Hi there!

We are sailing on NCL in October and are planning to visit "Maya, Lost Mayan Kingdom" park while in Costa Maya. Since we are traveling on different cruise lines, I can't tell you what the difference between those 2 excursions might be.

What I can tell you for sure is that you can visit the park without buying a ship's excursion. The admission price is $89 USD for adults and $79 USD for minors for the whole day. Your admission price includes the water slides, splash area, lazy river and all the zip lines. Their website is: http://maya-park.com

What I can tell you for sure is that you can visit the park without buying a ship's excursion. The admission price is $89 USD for adults and $79 USD for minors for the whole day. Your admission price includes the water slides, splash area, lazy river and all the zip lines. Their website is: http://maya-park.com

Oh that's good to find out, thanks! That's the same price of RC's "Adventure Park Maya Lost Mayan Kingdom" package and the "Royal Aerial Adventure Park" is cheaper, but I can't figure out why, especially when it's an hour longer. I normally would just go ahead and do it ourselves because it's usually cheaper booking ourselves, but when it's the same price as the ship's excursion, maybe that adds some security to the adventure? It's confusing! ;)

Thank you!

booked this excursion through Royal, from my understanding the Royal Aerial gives you access to ziplines but NO slides. The Aquaventure is the opposite. They also have the Royal Adventure which gives you access to everything.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Oh that's what I was wondering, but haven't been able to confirm! The "water adventures" included with the Royal Aerial excursion has me all confused. I Royal Caribbean yesterday and the lady had the same information as me and ended up just as confused, haha! She gave me an email to try so I'll see if they reply and have more info. :) Have you already taken your trip or it's coming up?

Oh that's what I was wondering, but haven't been able to confirm! The "water adventures" included with the Royal Aerial excursion has me all confused. I Royal Caribbean yesterday and the lady had the same information as me and ended up just as confused, haha! She gave me an email to try so I'll see if they reply and have more info. :) Have you already taken your trip or it's coming up?

it's coming up, i found my answer on trip advisor when someone cruisin from rcci posted the same question and a representative from the park gave him 5 options, seems like Royal have a backdoor deal with them which is cool, for what i know passengers from other cruise lines have to pay the full price. I'm 7 weeks away, i will gladly update this thread once i see it all myself.

Thanks so much!! I didn't think to check there. :) I did get an email from RCCL that's far less helpful and doesn't mention the "water adventures" at all and only the ziplines and zip coaster. Your info was much better!

We'll book the full thing for the full price, I just wanted to make sure we were getting what we want. It's nice that RCCL has different options for the waterpark for those who DON'T want to participate in everything!

I'm 7 weeks away, i will gladly update this thread once i see it all myself.

And thank you! It looks like you might come back right before we head out, so at least I'll get to double check it's not a terrible idea. ;) The trip advisor reviews make it seem really fun!

you're welcome, and yeah the hours of operation on the web stated an 8-5pm range,depends on your ship time things might get a lil hectic or in my case may not get the full worth of the $.. I did a few digging and this is what i came up with from their official fb page.

IMG_6353.jpg.a5b82d3138cc76a166a1259621b0f229.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We're sailing on Oasis in November. The "Aqua Adventure Park" is water slides/park ONLY. The "Royal Aerial Adventure Park" is zip lines ONLY. The "Adventure Park Maya Lost Mayan Kingdom" for $89 adult & $79 child gets you access to both. You can also purchase directly through the park for the same price.

What I can't find, though, is age limits. On the park's website, there doesn't appear to be any restrictions, but with Royal it is a 5 yr minimum. Anyone know if there are age limits if purchasing directly through the park?

What I can't find, though, is age limits. On the park's website, there doesn't appear to be any restrictions, but with Royal it is a 5 yr minimum. Anyone know if there are age limits if purchasing directly through the park?

I thought I read somewhere (maybe on Facebook?) that kids under 5 are free? Don't quote me on it, but it would be worth contacting them to find out if you have a kid that young. :) My guess is that they can't do the bigger slides & zipline stuff, but the kid's play area looks like a ton of fun that my kids when they were under 5 would have loved!

I thought I read somewhere (maybe on Facebook?) that kids under 5 are free? Don't quote me on it, but it would be worth contacting them to find out if you have a kid that young. :) My guess is that they can't do the bigger slides & zipline stuff, but the kid's play area looks like a ton of fun that my kids when they were under 5 would have loved!

I've seen the same thing floating around. I shot the park a message on Facebook. Thanks!

• 9 months later...

We're currently looking at booking this excursion for January 2018. Right now, it's $89 through Royal Caribbean for the full park, but $99 through the park itself. Since Royal is currently cheaper, we were wondering how things worked with it as an excursion for those who have been on it with Royal Caribbean. Do we get to wander the park on our own? Are we required to leave after exactly 5.5 hours, even though we'll be in port for 8 hours? Or can we come and go as we please? Also, from the map, it looks like the park is within walking distance of where the ship docks, but Royal Caribbean's website mentions roundtrip transportation? What's the deal with this? Are we required to take Royal Caribbean's roundtrip transportation? Thanks in advance!

We're currently looking at booking this excursion for January 2018. Right now, it's $89 through Royal Caribbean for the full park, but $99 through the park itself. Since Royal is currently cheaper, we were wondering how things worked with it as an excursion for those who have been on it with Royal Caribbean. Do we get to wander the park on our own? Are we required to leave after exactly 5.5 hours, even though we'll be in port for 8 hours? Or can we come and go as we please? Also, from the map, it looks like the park is within walking distance of where the ship docks, but Royal Caribbean's website mentions roundtrip transportation? What's the deal with this? Are we required to take Royal Caribbean's roundtrip transportation? Thanks in advance!

Hi! We went during our November 2016 trip and it's an awesome place!! Loved it!! We did book through Royal Caribbean since our thinking was that it would be safer that way, but I was very disappointed that we ended up waiting in a line to leave the excursion area for about an hour before getting to the park - I wished we had purchase on our own and figured out another way there. I think you *can* walk it, although I personally would have probably looked into other options based on walking that far with kids and safety, but it's probably totally fine. You may even be able to catch their "shuttle" on your own? I'm not sure. Plus, maybe they've adjusted the system better since then and there's not such a way? No idea. :( We did all the ziplines first, but ended up missing a couple of the water slides due to time constraints (we really wanted our main dining room dinner that night, lol!) but would love to go back some other time!

How are the crowds there? Did you have a set time to leave, or could you leave whenever you wanted (booked through RCL)?

For us, the crowds were fine... we rarely waited more than 1 or 2 people in front of us at ziplines. I think we could leave whenever we wanted? I'm pretty sure they had shuttle service at regular intervals, as we did leave earlier than we could have stayed.

For us, the crowds were fine... we rarely waited more than 1 or 2 people in front of us at ziplines. I think we could leave whenever we wanted? I'm pretty sure they had shuttle service at regular intervals, as we did leave earlier than we could have stayed.

Thanks for the info. I just noticed on the RCL page it says shuttles run every 30 minutes, I missed that earlier.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

Found this old thread after asking similar question.  For anyone that's been, are you restricted to the excursion time?  We only want the water slides so have booked the Aqua Adventure but in my cruise planner it only shows 3hr booking (even though the excursion booking had it at 5hrs or so).  So can we make our own way back when ready?  Or is our ticket limited by the 3hs?