Excursion Help

Wvliz07

Hello! I'm mobile and I wasn't able to find a forum specifically for excursions so I apologize if I missed it.

This will be the 2nd cruise for my husband and I but our first with kids - we will be bringing along our 15 month old daughter. I'm hoping for help finding excursions that leave by boat directly from the ports - no transportation by car, bus, or other motor vehicle as I will not be bringing out car seat for the little one.

We depart from Miami on 8/23 (SOON!) and will stop in Nassau, San Juan, St. Thomas and Grand Turk.

Please and thank you for any tips!

I'd take a collapsible stroller which can be used on the ship and in ports. She can sleep in it at night when you walk around the ship or go to shows, etc.

They only way to go anywhere by boat is to go snorkeling or in Nassau you can take a water taxi over to Atlantis but I think you have to pay to use the beach. No cabs have infant seats and people take their babies in the cabs all the time and a lot do not even have seat belts.

In San Juan you can take one or both free regular size buses for a tour of the city- again no infant seats but it is a big bus not a small one.

If the ship docks at Havensight in St. Thomas there are no beaches but tons & tons of shops.

If you want a beach in St. Thomas or Grand Turk you have to take a cab. In Grand Turk there's 7 mile beach, then Cemetery beach.

Check out the info on the ports here- but not where questions are asked, where they tell you about the ports, best food, best souvenir, best beaches, etc.

Edited by Bonnie J.

All of the ships excursions will do that, if you find you NEED an excursion! Many things don't require a "guide" at all! I'd recommend a guidebook on your ports, to find what interests you, and it it will detail all the modes of transportation! Research is your best way to get the most from your time ashore.

If you find something that interests you, come back and see how other's have done the same thing!

I'd take a collapsible stroller which can be used on the ship and in ports. They only way to go anywhere by boat is to go snorkeling or in Nassau you can take a water taxi over to Atlantis. No cabs have infant seats and people, take their babies in the cabs all the time.

I guess I should have been more clear... It doesn't necessarily have to leave by boat I guess, could be within walking distance of the port or something. Just looking for ideas of things we can do that don't involve riding in a vehicle. I know cabs won't have infant seats, that's why we don't want to use one. It might be allowed, but I won't put my child in a car without a car seat.

I have been looking but haven't been able to find much myself, for example, the glass bottom boat excursion in Nassau seems to be somethig we could maybe do.

For Nassau you could walk (about 15 minutes) to the public beach, Junkanoo. It's an adequate beach with restrooms and vendors.

My suggestion would getting day passes at the British Colonial Hilton (about a 10 minute walk). Very nice. $60 pp. (adults) with a $30 pp. food credit. :)

LuLu

You don't have to go on any excursions. With a child that young, you won't know ahead of time if she'll be cranky so it might be better to bring an umbrella stroller with a canopy (for shade) and a little storage under her seat for diaper bag, etc. That's what we did for our girl's first cruise (she was 23 months). We didn't go far, just within walking distance.

You can read up on each port (guidebooks, googling to find tourism sites, the destination part of CC for those ports) and see what you can walk to. Don't schedule or book anything so you can be flexible. Just look at the cruise to relax on.