Allure disembarkation in civitivecchia

Anyone who cruised on allure last year and disembarked at civitivecchia can you tell me how efficient it was? We are on harmony this year and ship docks at 7.00am. Is it feasible to be off the ship and meeting our transfer by 7.45am? I presume self disembarkation would be necessary to achieve this? Did you encounter an major issues getting off?

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

• 1 month later...

Our cruise on Allure was "interport", meaning only 30% of the passengers embarked / disembarked in Civitavecchia. Both of them a breeze - we had only carry ons, but the other couple we're travelling with had a 9AM disembark, and were out in 5 min.

IF Harmony is doing the dual Rome/Barcelona, u should be OK.

Our cruise on Allure was "interport", meaning only 30% of the passengers embarked / disembarked in Civitavecchia. Both of them a breeze - we had only carry ons, but the other couple we're travelling with had a 9AM disembark, and were out in 5 min.

IF Harmony is doing the dual Rome/Barcelona, u should be OK.

Thanks Dani

Harmony is interporting so hopefully we will be ok - your info puts my mind at rest a bit!

Glad to help.

Another "plus" of embarking in "Rome" - we had access to our cabin, even if it was not ready, and left our carry on, not having to "schlepp" it with us until the cabins were "legally" ready :)

Also, most of the (Barcelona)pax were gone for the day, and we had the "dingy" for ourselves.

Then, again, in Barcelona, less people between disembarkation and embarkation, had the pool for ourselves (during muster drill too). I enjoyed the "interporting" very much...

Glad to help.

Another "plus" of embarking in "Rome" - we had access to our cabin, even if it was not ready, and left our carry on, not having to "schlepp" it with us until the cabins were "legally" ready :)

Also, most of the (Barcelona)pax were gone for the day, and we had the "dingy" for ourselves.

Then, again, in Barcelona, less people between disembarkation and embarkation, had the pool for ourselves (during muster drill too). I enjoyed the "interporting" very much...

Now that is interesting because I had thought of those possible upsides of interporting so it is good to know they are a reality. We are staying in Rome for a few days pre cruise and have a private transfer booked to get us to the port early so hopefully we can have a nice peaceful long day on embarkation. Also we have stayed in Barcelona before so don't plan on getting off there - all looking good!

We are staying in Rome for a few days pre cruise and have a private transfer booked to get us to the port early so hopefully we can have a nice peaceful long day on embarkation.

Same here - stayed 2 days pre-cruise in Rome (had been there 3 times before), booked a private transfer from hotel to port at 9.30AM and were there in less than an hour later, and went straight in.

Barcelona - we've been before, and only went to see the Picasso Museum, since it was free the first Sunday of the month. Took a taxi from pier, very easy.

We booked this cruise for the SHIP only :) Enjoy!

Edited by dani negreanu

Anyone who cruised on allure last year and disembarked at civitivecchia can you tell me how efficient it was? We are on harmony this year and ship docks at 7.00am. Is it feasible to be off the ship and meeting our transfer by 7.45am? I presume self disembarkation would be necessary to achieve this? Did you encounter an major issues getting off?

Trixie, just a quick heads up. If you like to keep your sea pass cards, get an extra set made. They keep them when you are interport at Rome. I believe they do this so you can't get back on the ship. We had ours taken last June on Allure.

I would just tell the staff at GS that your card was lost ;) and you need a new one. Just don't mix them up for the rest of the sailing.

Trixie, just a quick heads up. If you like to keep your sea pass cards, get an extra set made. They keep them when you are interport at Rome. I believe they do this so you can't get back on the ship. We had ours taken last June on Allure.

I would just tell the staff at GS that your card was lost ;) and you need a new one. Just don't mix them up for the rest of the sailing.

Thanks for that - our sea pass cards go into a scrapbook which my wife prepares after the each cruise so I think I will be "losing " my sea pass card[emoji6]

This is excellent help, thank you! We are on in August, and will be in Italy for a week before the cruise, and a few days in Rome after. We are staying in Civitavecchia the night before (coming from Florence), with the intention of being at the terminal nice and early (like 10 or 10:30) to get full use of the ship on day one.