Drink cards across the fleet?

Is that for the whole cruise, or does it appear only mid-way through?

clearly they have found that they have over priced the drinks and instead of buying the drink package many people are buying less drinks... therefore the bar revenue is going down.. therefore the sale happens.

same thing when they said no last minute price drops. and now, of course they are doing it..

consumers drive demand. if demand goes down, then so will the price to make up for the lack in revenue.....

it would make them look to foolish to now Lower the drink prices to what they are ... so instead they give promotions on the drink packages or these crazy cards. Simple economics. The cruisers have spoken, and RCCL had no choice but to respond because they were losing money

Usually we will spend about $200 in booze on a one week cruise. On our 11 night Serenade cruise a couple of weeks ago we spent $30.

On my survey I told them that they have basically pushed away their casual drinkers which, I think, would be a high percentage of cruisers. The casual drinker will think the packages are too expensive and not worth it and won't buy them and they will also find the single drink prices too high and will just do without. This is exactly what we did.

If they brought in a special 10 drink package or similar that would be something I would purchase. Otherwise I will do without as the current pricing is ridiculous IMO.

Usually we will spend about $200 in booze on a one week cruise. On our 11 night Serenade cruise a couple of weeks ago we spent $30.

On my survey I told them that they have basically pushed away their casual drinkers which, I think, would be a high percentage of cruisers. The casual drinker will think the packages are too expensive and not worth it and won't buy them and they will also find the single drink prices too high and will just do without. This is exactly what we did.

If they brought in a special 10 drink package or similar that would be something I would purchase. Otherwise I will do without as the current pricing is ridiculous IMO.

True....... I agree...

the other thing that I know is happening is this

1. I rarely went to the diamond lounge. I thought many of the people were rude and self entitled.. and frankly twice my age. ( all is good but not my scene)... Now that the lounges are so overcrowded.. they add the diamond coupons on your sea pass every night. In the past I would never get one drink in the diamond lounge, now I trypically get my two or three since I can get them at any bar. I would bet I am not alone in this scenerio thus making the free drink number way higher..... even when you went to the diamond lounge, it sometimes took a while to get a drink, thus limiting the number of drinks they served.

just my thoughts. Like I said. It's all math

Can only one person use this - or can one person buy the package and buy one drink for himself and another for his wife?

Since it is not an unlimited package, you can share with anyone and everyone.

What about those who bought the package in the pre-cruise planner? Are they getting refunds if the deal is better on the ship? Sure would like to know as I have purchased the drink package for my birthday cruise on the Adventure in December. Thanks, and have a Happy Thanksgiving everyone.

Joanmarie

What about those who bought the package in the pre-cruise planner? Are they getting refunds if the deal is better on the ship? Sure would like to know as I have purchased the drink package for my birthday cruise on the Adventure in December. Thanks, and have a Happy Thanksgiving everyone.

Joanmarie

Since the cards are offered mid-cruise, I suspect there are no refunds for drink packages.

Joanmarie

You can cancel your package now for a refund, and then purchase it on board if you don't find a better deal.