Booked April 2018 Aiirfare

travelplus

I have Delta Miles and as we know that miles are hard to use and this is during spring break I splurged and used 40,000 miles for First Class and found my Father a 17,500 coach ticket one way from San Jose-Tampa for our Trans Atlantic Cruise from Tampa-Amsterdam.

The next day my Father;s ticket went up to 20,000 miles and mine went up to 55,000 miles. Interestingly enough in First Class I get Breakfast from SJC-Minneapolis and Lunch from Minneapolis to Tampa.

We leave at 6:30 AM with a 55 minute connection in MSP arriving Tampa at 5:20 PM and then head to the Westin Tampa Harbour for our night before cruise.

For the return I am looking to book Turkish Air to Istanbul spend a few days there then go to Tel Aviv visit family and fly back to SFO.

For me locking in the Airfare to Tampa at 330 Days was worth it. Plus I can use my "2nd bag" free to check in our 2nd bag.

The ticket with more miles would only get me Breakfast to Atlanta and Refreshments to Tampa. Two 3+ hour trips in First Class justified it .

And besides who says we can't start the party flying to the cruise?

Using miles and using cash are two completely different things.

I have and would continue to book rare awards at the time they're available whilst I'd never do that for cash on any route barring some rare fare error.

No I said i used my Delta miles for First Class for 40000 miles from San Jose CA to Tampa via Minneapolis .Total flying distance is 2880 for a Trans Atlantic Royal Caribbean Tampa Amsterdam April 2018 cruise and am looking at Turkish Air on the return.

Is this a good Delta First Clasx Redemption? Ticket one way in First is $700 and each flight is over 3 hours in length. Breakfast is served on first flight and lunch on the second. International redemptions are not feasible for the return more miles for coach and I may just book a consolidator Turkish Air Business tickst from AMS with stopovers in Istanbul and Tel Aviv.

No I said i used my Delta miles for First Class for 40000 miles from San Jose CA to Tampa via Minneapolis .

Is this a good Delta First Clasx Redemption?

For a domestic 1st class one way on DL, it's probably about average. How many miles would it have been in coach on the day you purchased? To know if it's a good value for you, you would need to look at the difference in miles and what you get for that difference and how important those things are to you.

It's not a good value to me, but if you're happy with it, it must be to you.

Be careful if you book a "consolidator" business class ticket home. Make sure you aren't booking through a third party site that books you a ticket using purchased frequent flyer miles from someone else's account.

It's not a good value to me, but if you're happy with it, it must be to you.

Be careful if you book a "consolidator" business class ticket home. Make sure you aren't booking through a third party site that books you a ticket using purchased frequent flyer miles from someone else's account.

Thanks for the reply. Yes to me its a good value and I will definitely scout out the Consolidator.Perhaps I will use AIrTreks from San Francisco and see what they come up with.