Donuts on Allure

Hello. I have read on CC that the Donut Shop on Allure usually runs out of Donuts by 9 or 10 AM. Is this true ? If so what's the point ? Is it just an empty space the rest of the day ? I love Donuts and would enjoy grabbing one or two with a cup of Joe later in the day. Thanks.

Was on Allure 4-11 January, and it was closed all week :eek: No donuts for me:(

Not the best donuts around, mostly cake type.

Your not missing much, same ones as in WJ.

We usually save our calories for other "good" stuff:D

Safe travels.

Have sailed Oasis four times, and Allure seven times, and the donuts IMHO are pretty darn tasty! And there is certainly a much bigger variety than what they serve in the windjammer.....Also "mostly cake type" would be a bad description.:cool:

Per the daily schedule, the Boardwalk donuts are available in the glass case from 7:30 to 11:30. There are 6 different types. The area is self-served with coffee and water next to it. So it’s convenient on port days when you are in a hurry to just grab a donut (or two) and coffee and then rush off the ship to your excursion.

If you do a quick count, it’s 40 donuts per each flavor or max of 240 donuts in total in the display case. Not sure if they do any refills during the morning. If not, then 240 donuts for 6,000+ people will go really fast. These pictures were taken around 8:05 AM and you can see that the chocolate ones on the lower left hand corner are already half gone. So it’s easily to imagine them all being gone before 10 AM.

16087413340_8f596bd858_z.jpg

16273956262_a1fd10f0ef_z.jpg

16248846846_ac7c1f81b2_z.jpg

They have little boxes that you can take back to cabin to enjoy later in the day

16088548879_7d90e4aba3_z.jpg

Edited by harryfat1
Still learning to type with my toes

Per the daily schedule, the Boardwalk donuts are available in the glass case from 7:30 to 11:30. There are 6 different types. The area is self-served with coffee and water next to it. So it’s convenient on port days when you are in a hurry to just grab a donut (or two) and coffee and then rush off the ship to your excursion.

If you do a quick count, it’s 40 donuts per each flavor or max of 240 donuts in total in the display case. Not sure if they do any refills during the morning. If not, then 240 donuts for 6,000+ people will go really fast. These pictures were taken around 8:05 AM and you can see that the chocolate ones on the lower left hand corner are already half gone. So it’s easily to imagine them all being gone before 10 AM.

16087413340_8f596bd858_z.jpg

16273956262_a1fd10f0ef_z.jpg

16248846846_ac7c1f81b2_z.jpg

They have little boxes that you can take back to cabin to enjoy later in the day

16088548879_7d90e4aba3_z.jpg

Perfect shots! And yes they do refill the cases several times each morning...:)...K.O.

Edited by Thetrail

Hello. I have read on CC that the Donut Shop on Allure usually runs out of Donuts by 9 or 10 AM. Is this true ? If so what's the point ? Is it just an empty space the rest of the day ? I love Donuts and would enjoy grabbing one or two with a cup of Joe later in the day. Thanks.

Based on my 2011 and 2013 Allure cruise I would say this is accurate. The doughnuts that were there were nothing to get excited about and appeared to have been made elsewhere hours before. I would say there is no point. I don't know if they are better or more available on Oasis where there is reportedly a full time doughnut shop. I won't know that till 2016.

OH its true... We just got of the Allure yesterday :D

ivzhab.jpg

Based on my 2011 and 2013 Allure cruise I would say this is accurate. The doughnuts that were there were nothing to get excited about and appeared to have been made elsewhere hours before. I would say there is no point. I don't know if they are better or more available on Oasis where there is reportedly a full time doughnut shop. I won't know that till 2016.

Well to each his own, we love the donuts on Oasis and Allure on the boardwalk, as do others in this thread, so go figure? As far as a "full time donut shop" dedicated to making just donuts, there isn't one. They are made the same way on both ships, and are made fresh each morning. :D