Themed nights

amajaa

The Royal Ascot Ball is all hats and fascinators - There's not as many people dressing up for this as they would for the Black and White (easy) or Masquerade but you will see quite a few ladies who do take part. There's usually a hat making demo before the ball and there will be a parade of hats in the Ballroom post dinner

Jim

OK thanks. The black & white night I always do but dressing up in costumes isn't my thing. I have loads of nice dresses and like to wear them but I do have a fascinator that will hopefully match my new dress so will go and check. Trouble is I have short hair now so probably won't stay on.

Just thought I guess the men still wear dinner suits then?

Edited by amajaa

OK thanks. The black & white night I always do but dressing up in costumes isn't my thing. I have loads of nice dresses and like to wear them but I do have a fascinator that will hopefully match my new dress so will go and check. Trouble is I have short hair now so probably won't stay on.

Just thought I guess the men still wear dinner suits then?

Yes. One or two might bring a top hat, but that's about it. It won't look like the Ascot scene from My Fair Lady. ;)

Thought I would point out that if you are on the late dinner sitting you may not even be out of dinner in time to see any of the parades in the Queens Room on the themed nights, we certainly didn't. We did however spot literally one couple wearing hats for Ascot night and think they had won a bottle of bubbly. The only themed night we thought people participated in was the black and white night.