Any word on Labadee ?

Lily2006

There isn't THAT much in Labadee to be destroyed....the roller coaster...zip line...maybe some roofs.....sand may wash in or out...depending on tides and whatnot.....the less developed a place is, the less damage can occur. You may not be visiting this Friday, but in a couple weeks, all will be back to business!

There isn't THAT much in Labadee to be destroyed....the roller coaster...zip line...maybe some roofs.....sand may wash in or out...depending on tides and whatnot.....the less developed a place is, the less damage can occur. You may not be visiting this Friday, but in a couple weeks, all will be back to business!

Oh my goodness, will you stop! This is a tragic situation and you have no idea the sustained damage or the timetable for repairs. Good grief. *sigh*

Oh my goodness, will you stop! This is a tragic situation and you have no idea the sustained damage or the timetable for repairs. Good grief. *sigh*

I actually agree with cb. Labadee, regardless of the amount of damage is unlikely to be "tragic." It's a playground for cruise ship passengers, owned by a huge profitable public company and everything is replaceable. Haiti itself, on the other hand, is devastated once again. That's where the tragedy is. Am I misunderstanding your exasperation?

Back on the ship. There is absolutely no sign of the hurricane on labadee. Everything is running as usual.

I can highly recommend the bungalows.

Sent from my HTC 10 using Tapatalk

do you have any pics of the bungalows?

do you have any pics of the bungalows?

there are 8 bungalows, located at the end of the beach, after barefoot, nellies, etc.

there are surrounded by a rope, and there is an attendant that will check you in. it's semi-private. people will not be allowed to that area, but there is no restriction if you "drift" to that area via the sea

bnglw.jpg.b8ecc95b3c18480738d67b4031ec5af3.jpg

Back on the ship. There is absolutely no sign of the hurricane on labadee. Everything is running as usual.

I can highly recommend the bungalows.

Thanks for posting. If I remember Columbus Cove correctly it looks like that one in the pic is all the way at the end near where that boat docks correct? Did they set up lounge chairs for you?

Its at the end. Next to the columbus cove cafe.

Next to the the bungalows there is a stack of plastic lounge chairs. I've set it up myself.

Thanks very much. One more quick question. Did you get to choose which bungalow or were they preassigned? Enjoy the rest of your trip!

Can oassengers bring supplies tobe distributed?

Great question! Maybe RCL has something to donate too for the folks there. On my last cruise we ran a slot pull, we did not win but we donated over$500 to a Make a Wish deal RCL had on our cruise from the ~$500 left in the kitty rather than take a ton of time divy out <$8.50 to out large group of participants

There are other ways to donate i.e Red Cross but it would be a nice touch to show that a bunch of tourits visiting the beach gave a donation reight then and there to a responsibke oarty in the island that will spend ut appropriatky.

In the past I did buy sime tinkeys and such. I may just buy more than i plan to in the next visit just to help out in an indirect fashion. It is nit about us, it us helping them IMHO