Good &/or Bad experiences...tours

Sophia2007

I am looking for anyone's experiences - good or bad regarding a private tour on St. Maarten with these 3 private companies:

Noel tours

JoJunie tours

Diederick Tours

We are a family of 6, - 4 kids aged 11 - 19. Cruising on the Oasis and in port 6-7 hours.

Any info is appreciated as all three are similar in price and tour attractions offered. Thanks!

Thanks.

That board does not get a lot of action nor answers. I wanted to ask here as I wanted recommendations from fellow RCL cruisers.

The best way for you to use that board is to read what is already there. Do a search for the three companies and see what others have posted.

The best way for you to use that board is to read what is already there. Do a search for the three companies and see what others have posted.

Thank you. I have done that.

Not much recent info on JoJunie at all. Lots of info on Bernard though.

Have you considered renting a car and touring on your own? You can reserve on line, and rent at the port. St. Maarten is easy to navigate and you can go to the places you want. It'd cost about $100 for a mini-van. I have done this numerous times (last time was in Jan). The island isn't that big and you can get around pretty easily. Just a thought.

Thanks everyone for your replies.

I have read up on tripadvisor - lots of good stuff there.

Renting a car, I think is too much for us at this point. Our first trip to St. Maarten and I don't want to worry about parking, traffic, etc. Something to keep in mind in the future if we get familiar with the island.

I was just hoping a RCL cruiser would have a great or not great experience with one of the three listed - to help me choose or eliminate.

This is a big trip for us, most money that I have ever spent on a vacation.

Thanks everyone for your replies.

I have read up on tripadvisor - lots of good stuff there.

Renting a car, I think is too much for us at this point. Our first trip to St. Maarten and I don't want to worry about parking, traffic, etc. Something to keep in mind in the future if we get familiar with the island.

I was just hoping a RCL cruiser would have a great or not great experience with one of the three listed - to help me choose or eliminate.

This is a big trip for us, most money that I have ever spent on a vacation.

I have another idea that might interest you children and teens. If you take a taxi to the stairs nearest the fort in Marigot and climb the stairs you will get lovely views and see the reminents of the fort. You can then climb down the stairs that lead to the town. There is a Market there that is best on Wed and Sat as the crafters are most abundant on these days but it's still a fun place to browse. You can walk to Marina Royale and to Serafina's for pastries as well. From there you can take a taxi to Maho beach to see the planes landing and taking off at the neighboring airport. You can you tube this for a better idea of just how cool this place is. From there you can bus or taxi back to town for some shopping.