Dress code Anthem of the Seas

I know a jackets is required for grand so I assume pants as well[emoji3], does anyone know if shorts are ok in other dinning rooms. Most of our guys have great looking dress shorts and collard shirts. So I guess the question is short pants or long pants?

I know a jackets is required for grand so I assume pants as well[emoji3], does anyone know if shorts are ok in other dinning rooms. Most of our guys have great looking dress shorts and collard shirts. So I guess the question is short pants or long pants?

Shorts work

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

I was speaking with friends yesterday who had just returned from sailing on the Ovation from Singapore to Beijing (12nights) and are also sailing with us on the same ship out of Sydney to New Zealand for the Christmas Cruise (15 nights). They said there were NO dress standards for the Grande (or any restaurant) and everyone wore smart / casual. Absolutely no jackets worn.

I was speaking with friends yesterday who had just returned from sailing on the Ovation from Singapore to Beijing (12nights) and are also sailing with us on the same ship out of Sydney to New Zealand for the Christmas Cruise (15 nights). They said there were NO dress standards for the Grande (or any restaurant) and everyone wore smart / casual. Absolutely no jackets worn.

Royal is not enforcing their own dress codes fleet wide.

I've seen men turned away because of shorts.

And also turned away from Grande without a jacket. Loaners are sometimes lent.

Royal is not enforcing their own dress codes fleet wide.

I've seen men turned away because of shorts.

And also turned away from Grande without a jacket. Loaners are sometimes lent.

So, the stated dress code is no shorts in dining rooms at night, inconsistently enforced. Jackets in Grande rarely enforced. First Anthem cruise jackets were given to men as they entered if they did have one. Second time, jeans and T shirts were seen.

Be prepared to be turned away, but don't be surprised if you aren't.

So, the stated dress code is no shorts in dining rooms at night, inconsistently enforced. Jackets in Grande rarely enforced. First Anthem cruise jackets were given to men as they entered if they did have one. Second time, jeans and T shirts were seen.

Be prepared to be turned away, but don't be surprised if you aren't.

Crazy, isn't it?? :confused::confused:

Hi Folks!

Less than a week to go !

As far as dress code, I read everything I could find, and IMHO it boiled down to this. Many areas said "we are British" ... we realize people come from other countries but ... Even in Bermuda, the tourist board information said "Bermuda shorts and Jackets, for men, in the evening ... Dress slacks and blouses for women".

On the ship, no speedos at the pools for men, no topless sunbathing, string thong bathing suits on women. No walking around the halls in bathing suits. I think it said within 25 feet of the pool area.

Some customs may be allowed in your country, but "we are British".

Personally I am all for it. All your questions are answered in cruise the Compass (available on line) and on RCL web site. When traveling to another country one abides by the customs in that country. It is just respect. Why spoil your vacation by being embarrassed?

I am so looking forward to Saturday!!!!!

In the last 4 years I've been on Explorer twice and Liberty last year, all out of Bayonne and all 9 day itineraries.

I wore a suit on formal evenings and virtually every other night in the main dining rooms I wore nice shorts and a nice button down short sleeve shirt with nice casual shoes.

It is completely acceptable and never turned away. I outdressed some and didn't others. I never could have been embarrassed as I always looked clean, neat and casual and never was concerned about offending anyone.

I'm sailing on Anthem this Saturday and will be packing one suit for the Grande restaurant and I'm not even packing one other pair of pants.

Within reason everyone is right.

How you cruisin!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Crazy, isn't it?? :confused::confused:

Yep. I am a rule follower. I don't really care what the dress code is. Either have a rule and enforce it or don't have a rule. Inconsistency drives me crazy. Luckily I dont care what other people wear. Well, PJs at dinner might make me point and laugh.

So glad for this thread...the 6 of us have the Grande booked for the first day's dining. Wouldn't the first day's dress code be "casual" like it is on all the other cruises we've taken on RCL?

Edited by train

So glad for this thread...the 6 of us have the Grande booked for the first day's dining. Wouldn't the first day's dress code be "casual" like it is on all the other cruises we've taken on RCL?

Yes, the dress code in Grande is relaxed on the first and last nights.

We just got off the Anthem on Saturday. Eat at Grande twice, First time my husband was given a jacket as he didn't bring a suit. 2nd time no jacket and we saw other men in shorts and a couple in tees and bb caps...:confused:

no rhyme or reason to it...

• 2 weeks later...
is there a formal night on the 5 night cruise on Anthem

Anthem doesn't have dedicated formal nights. The Grande is a formal dining room, so whatever nights you eat at the Grande formal dress is requested ... except for the 1st and last nights where the dress code is relaxed due to formal clothes possibly being packed away.

Anthem doesn't have dedicated formal nights. The Grande is a formal dining room, so whatever nights you eat at the Grande formal dress is requested ... except for the 1st and last nights where the dress code is relaxed due to formal clothes possibly being packed away.

......and if you read this thread, you will see that they really don't enforce the formal dress code even at the Grande.

To each there own I guess, but if the ship has a posted dress code (or any rule for that matter), why try to find a way around it. If you don't want to wear a jacket and I'm sure there are many who don't, sail on a different ship or eat in a restaurant that doesn't have a dress code.

Then there won't be any confusion or inconsistency, especially if it's just one restaurant.

Oh my goodness. Grown men should wear pants to dinner. I know its vacation but please. Restaurants, dining rooms are not backyard barbecues. Observe the niceties, IMO.

What about women? :confused:

Another thread said Royal has dropped its prohibition on shorts in the MDR on non-formal nights. big-dancing-banana-smiley-emoticon.gif

Oh my goodness. Grown men should wear pants to dinner. I know its vacation but please. Restaurants, dining rooms are not backyard barbecues. Observe the niceties, IMO.

I agree smart shirt and trousers for men. Why is this so difficult, you can still feel casual.😎

I second collared shirt and dress pants. If want be bum do it at wind jammer. It pisses me off when people are disrespecrful to others. I'm no fan of formal wear but one should dress in respectable wear.

I second collared shirt and dress pants. If want be bum do it at wind jammer. It pisses me off when people are disrespecrful to others. I'm no fan of formal wear but one should dress in respectable wear.

Dumb statement. Not only has Royal accepted shorts for women basically forever, but have not officially blessed them for men too. Some of us know how to dress nice in shorts too. It's not all gym clothing you know. If you're not crawling on the floor looking under tables you won't have anything to be pissed off at now, would you?

So who exactly is the disrespectul one calling people bums?

Dumb statement. Not only has Royal accepted shorts for women basically forever, but have not officially blessed them for men too. Some of us know how to dress nice in shorts too. It's not all gym clothing you know. If you're not crawling on the floor looking under tables you won't have anything to be pissed off at now, would you?

So who exactly is the disrespectul one calling people bums?

Women have it a bit easier. A nice "bermuda" short and a lovely blouse makes a nice outfit. I don't think anyone meant disrespect.