Port Canaveral pre cruise Cocoa beach stay

Tif1171

Looking at possibly coming in 2 days early before an Enchantment 4 day cruise.

1. What is a good hotel that will be close to the beach, restaurants and the port?

2. What's the best means of transportation from MCO to the hotel and to use during our 2 day pre-stay? In the past, we've just flown in the morning of the cruise and rented from Budget to take to the Port. Should I rent a car for a few days or is there a better option?

...What's the best means of transportation from MCO to the hotel and to use during our 2 day pre-stay? In the past, we've just flown in the morning of the cruise and rented from Budget to take to the Port. Should I rent a car for a few days or is there a better option?

It is hard to beat the convenience and cost of doing a one-way rental car from MCO to the Cocoa Beach area.

I should clarify regarding the transportation that it's only my husband and I. The budget car rental total both ways is costing about $165. I didnt mind last time when it was us and 1 other couple spliting it two ways.

If you are going to be here for two days, I'd want the car.

Public transportation is not stellar around here and I'm not sure you want to rely on taxi'

I'm not sure I follow what all you are getting for the $ you mention, but it does not sound close to the best rates folks have mentioned landing so you might want to shop more on that one . . .

I should clarify regarding the transportation that it's only my husband and I. The budget car rental total both ways is costing about $165. I didnt mind last time when it was us and 1 other couple spliting it two ways.

Try car rentals dot com (no spaces). I booked my precruise car from MCO to Port Canavarel through Avis for less then $18. Someone on my rollcall used it for a cruise last month and had no issues with them.

Keep checking your car rental rates after you book your car. I'm also on the Enchantment in March. I booked a one way rental three months ago, and I've cancelled and re-booked three times because the rates kept going down. My final rental was a month before sailing, and it was half the price of my original booking!:)

we don't drive...other suggestions, please?

Do not try and take a taxi from the airport because it will cost you $$$$ since you are 45-60 min away from the port.

I would prebook a shuttle for both pickup at the airport and also when you return from your cruise. Here's a few for you to try......

Executve VIP Limo

Cocoa Beach Shuttle

Travelynx

Looking at possibly coming in 2 days early before an Enchantment 4 day cruise.

1. What is a good hotel that will be close to the beach, restaurants and the port?

2. What's the best means of transportation from MCO to the hotel and to use during our 2 day pre-stay? In the past, we've just flown in the morning of the cruise and rented from Budget to take to the Port. Should I rent a car for a few days or is there a better option?

Basically you can be close to the beach or close the port, not really both. Keep in mind that those "not closest to the port" and close to the beach are only 10 minutes further .

You can get lots of info on the Florida departure board, but folks like the Radisson (not me) , Country Inn and Suites and Residence Inn, all close to the port. You will likely need a car to get to restaurants. A little farther into Cocoa Beach and you will find lots of options from several budget places, to a Hampton, Courtyard, Doubletree and Hilton. These last four are very close to the beach, with some on the beach. All are good, we try to use the Marriott or Hampton/Hilton places. The places in Cocoa Beach will generally be closer to stores and restaurants.

Good luck

M

Edited by cruisegirl1

Welcome to our new Jetty Park Cabins! Call today to reserve a cabin for you and your family. $83.25 per night, queen bed and bunk beds, sleeps 4, half bath and air conditioning. Linens available for additional $10 per night.

0412820415e89fd235d3668485b73662-4cb0b419f3dfd4351d4c8ffaf4e8d240.jpg

http://www.jettyparkbeachandcampground.com/camp_news

http://www.jettyparkbeachandcampground.com/index.php?module=uploads&func=download&fileId=101

Edited by Capt_BJ

Welcome to our new Jetty Park Cabins! Call today to reserve a cabin for you and your family. $83.25 per night, queen bed and bunk beds, sleeps 4, half bath and air conditioning. Linens available for additional $10 per night.

0412820415e89fd235d3668485b73662-4cb0b419f3dfd4351d4c8ffaf4e8d240.jpg

http://www.jettyparkbeachandcampground.com/camp_news

http://www.jettyparkbeachandcampground.com/index.php?module=uploads&func=download&fileId=101

Didn't realize you had to pay extra for linens. That's wierd

The Jetty Park cabins...can you just rent them for just one night?

And I realize it's borderline camping. Our big yearly trip sometimes involves tents and sleeping bags. And no, we are not taking them in our trip.

Edited by LadyBeBop

the price page does show a per night price of $83.25

(which is they only rate shown ... no 'deals' for weekly or monthly ...)

http://www.jettyparkbeachandcampground.com/camp_index

Reservations can be made by contacting a reservationist at 321.783.7111.

We accept cash, Visa, MasterCard and American Express as forms of payment.

A deposit will be taken at the time a reservation is made in the amount of one night's stay and based upon the type of site reserved. The deposit is non-refundable for no-shows and reservations cancelled with less than 24 hour notice. Jetty park is not responsible for inclement weather or other unfortunate circumstances and is not responsible for these type of refunds.

online booking at https://secure.bookyoursite.com/jettypark/reservation

I ran a dummy booking for a cabin for one night 4/25 and they are full ..... this is a very popular campground ESP this time of the year.

Edited by Capt_BJ