3 hour Tours?

elsplace2

We will be in Bermuda in October for only a day and 1/2 The first day we pull in (around 9:00) and we would like to do about a 3-4hour tour of the island then hit the beaches in the afternoon, then the next day just hang around the port area. I have seen Blue Flag Taxis but it may be just my husband and I, unless we can find 2 more people. So for $50 per hour and 3 hour min. It would come to at least $75pp-$100pp for 3-4 hrs....I was hoping to find another tour with maybe a mini bus where it's a little less pp. and for only about 3-4 hours and where we are not the ones to have to get a group together to fill the bus.

I have seen great tours but they are 6-7 hours and we want to make sure we get some of the beaches in, in the afternoon.

Any suggestions out there?

We will be in Bermuda in October for only a day and 1/2 The first day we pull in (around 9:00) and we would like to do about a 3-4hour tour of the island then hit the beaches in the afternoon, then the next day just hang around the port area. I have seen Blue Flag Taxis but it may be just my husband and I, unless we can find 2 more people. So for $50 per hour and 3 hour min. It would come to at least $75pp-$100pp for 3-4 hrs....I was hoping to find another tour with maybe a mini bus where it's a little less pp. and for only about 3-4 hours and where we are not the ones to have to get a group together to fill the bus.

I have seen great tours but they are 6-7 hours and we want to make sure we get some of the beaches in, in the afternoon.

If you can't find anyone on your roll call as suggested minibus island tours are available from zone 5. Not sure what they ask these days but I would guess about $50 per person for a four hour tour.

Edited by Charles4515

Have you tried your roll call? You don't mention which ship or sail date so I can't post a link, but the roll call is always the best place to find others willing to share private tours.

It's Carnival Sunshine....I have considered asking someone on the roll call...but believe it or not I have not joined the roll call yet. I have been really slacking on preparing for this cruise and getting on Cruise Critic as much as I used to....but hopefully I will get back on track these next few months.

If you can't find anyone on your roll call as suggested minibus island tours are available from zone 5. Not sure what they ask these days but I would guess about $50 per person for a four hour tour.

Thank you for the suggestion, I will definitely look into it...its sounds like it may be EXACTLY what I was looking for, although, I just started my research so I'm not sure where Zone 5 is...is that at the Dockside?

Thank you for the suggestion, I will definitely look into it...its sounds like it may be EXACTLY what I was looking for, although, I just started my research so I'm not sure where Zone 5 is...is that at the Dockside?

At the Dockyard when you get off the ship they have the road organized into zones for the different transportation options.

60d99337e20a1ebed7bad9972929bb58.jpg

At the Dockyard when you get off the ship they have the road organized into zones for the different transportation options.

60d99337e20a1ebed7bad9972929bb58.jpg

Based on the preseason transportation meeting presentation, http://dockyardbermuda.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/03/2016-pre-season-Transport-meeting.pdf it appears they've changed the transportation zone definitions, so the zone numbers shown on the picture you took last year are no longer valid.

Based on the preseason transportation meeting presentation, http://dockyardbermuda.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/03/2016-pre-season-Transport-meeting.pdf it appears they've changed the transportation zone definitions, so the zone numbers shown on the picture you took last year are no longer valid.

That is interesting. They no longer show beach shuttles. I guess we should assume they went ahead and changed them unless we hear otherwise.

Edited by Charles4515

That is interesting. They no longer show beach shuttles. I guess we should assume they went ahead and changed them unless we hear otherwise.

Great info....I guess I still have lots to learn!

So how would I know which mini buses are doing only 3-4 hour tours? do they have signs? I remember in St. Kitts lots of drivers/tour guides carried signs of their tours available.

Great info....I guess I still have lots to learn!

So how would I know which mini buses are doing only 3-4 hour tours? do they have signs? I remember in St. Kitts lots of drivers/tour guides carried signs of their tours available.

I have seen them with signs. I think you would need at least four hours for a sufficient tour. Finding a three hour tour might be problematic. It takes time to get from place to place and the Dockyard is all the way at the West End of Bermuda. The drivers might not want to do that short of a tour.

Edited by Charles4515

for comparison from preseason meeting:

Zones.jpg

SBtS

Thanks for the comparison! Good to know!

I have seen them with signs. I think you would need at least four hours for a sufficient tour. Finding a three hour tour might be problematic. It takes time to get from place to place and the Dockyard is all the way at the West End of Bermuda. The drivers might not want to do that short of a tour.

We'd be good with a 4 hour tour! I think that would give us plenty of time afterwards to check out the beaches.

Is this the October 1 sailing from NYC? I can't find another. It arrives around 1pm Monday and doesn't sail until 5pm Wednesday. A bit more time than you thought if it this is it.

Is this the October 1 sailing from NYC? I can't find another. It arrives around 1pm Monday and doesn't sail until 5pm Wednesday. A bit more time than you thought if it this is it.

No this is the Carnival Sunshine going out of Norfolk. It arrives on Tuesday at 9:00 am and leaves on Wed. I believe around 4:00.

I just got my countdown clock for it on my signature....for some reason the countdown clock wasn't giving me the URL to copy and paste....anyway, no more confusion.

Thanks for checking though....I wish we had more time!!