Ocean princess venice to rome

Bimmer09

" I followed a link on a Caribbean Princess review that Jimmy V posted and your signature caught my attention with two items together The Ocean Princess and Venice. I had to read your review and it turned out to be quite a task. I used one computer for Videos and another for the script and photos." (approximate quote)

Dixon, I'm glad you found that Ocean Princess review as it stands as my most memorable cruise to date, thanks to the itinerary(our first Med.) and the ship was a nice change of pace but very expensive compared to say a Grand Class so I can see why PCL wants to sell them. I imagine, expense or no, that we might find ourselves on an R ship in the future via Azamara or Oceania.

We get back to the Med this September on the Emerald. We both love the Grand Class ships but for 2016 we have no Princess cruises lined up. We do have a cruise on Celebrity Silhouette booked for our regular "escape the cold of Chicago cruise" in Jan 2016 as we are curious to try something new and X beat the Princess offerings with their 1-2-3 Go promo and the ship is so different from anything in the Princess fleet that a camera-toting boat nerd like myself will have a field day. It will be an interesting comparison test between the brands.

We will buy FCCs on the Emerald for a future Princess cruise as the next one after Emerald gets us to Elite status.

If we don't get tickets to the Bayreuth Festival in Germany by the end of March 2016 then we may look for another cruise for later that year on Princess.

We'll have to find time in the near future to visit some of the treasures in the USA- the National Parks (a separate conversation and not cruise related so I won't delve here)

Did you notice in the Ocean review that many of the photos aren't visible unless you click and bring them up on Flickr? I asked the CC help desk why but they suggested it was Flickr's fault. Pity as I can't go back and replace them.

I hope you find my Emerald review from the get-go around the 2nd week of October this year.

Thanks for the comments!

Norris

Hi Norris

Yes I did have that problem with some of the photos.

I will definitely be looking for your next review..

BTW, We used AP tours in Italy and they were fantastic. Also a bit less expensive than RIL

Have a great trip..

Ps. Pay us a visit sometime here in wine country.. Am sure you would enjoy it..

and probably pick up a few bottles..

Dixon

• 2 weeks later...

Norris, Cheryl from Ft Lauderdale here. I have spent the better part of 2 days reading this trip report. Not withstanding the photos that were no longer available to view, thoroughly enjoyed it. We have been to Rome twice on land trips, and the smile never left my face. We found the food to be amazing and the people friendly. We were lost in Rome looking for a restaurant, and SO many people stopped to help us.

Florence was probably our favorite place in Italy, so walkable. Stop at any cafe, have a vino, watch the parade go by.

Have not yet been to Venice, but hope to in the near future, along with much of northern Italy.

But your ship review of this beautiful craft has been the decision maker for me. We have to go on a voyage on the Ocean. We are mainly Celebrity cruisers, but loved the Coral on trips to Alaska and Panama Canal. Looks like we will need to do British Isles, but no sacrifice is too great, right? And another trip to London is something to look forward to.

Thanks again for the hours and hours it took to produce this review.

Norris, Cheryl from Ft Lauderdale here. I have spent the better part of 2 days reading this trip report. Not withstanding the photos that were no longer available to view, thoroughly enjoyed it. We have been to Rome twice on land trips, and the smile never left my face. We found the food to be amazing and the people friendly. We were lost in Rome looking for a restaurant, and SO many people stopped to help us.

Florence was probably our favorite place in Italy, so walkable. Stop at any cafe, have a vino, watch the parade go by.

Have not yet been to Venice, but hope to in the near future, along with much of northern Italy.

But your ship review of this beautiful craft has been the decision maker for me. We have to go on a voyage on the Ocean. We are mainly Celebrity cruisers, but loved the Coral on trips to Alaska and Panama Canal. Looks like we will need to do British Isles, but no sacrifice is too great, right? And another trip to London is something to look forward to.

The Ocean has been sold. However, Pacific Princess is still in the fleet.

Cheryl, thanks for reading the review on the Ocean P and I'm glad you enjoyed it. The photos are still visible if you click on the big X where the photo once was- it takes you to that photo on Flickr where they live. So you toggle back and forth when necessary.

I am not yet a Celebrity cruiser but have one booked for next January and am looking forward to seeing something new.

Next up for us is Emerald Princess Rome to Barcelona late September with a CC review early October.

Sail the Pacific Princess- sister to the Ocean. I am glad we got to experience the Ocean when we had the chance.

Thanks for the compliments!

Norris

• 6 years later...

Not sure if you will see this or not but just wanted to tell you I have read your review on the Norwegian Forjds that we "hope" to go to in June/July 2022.  I enjoyed it so much I also ready Cuba and this one on the Med.  I enjoyed them all immensely.  Thank you so much.  Are there any more of your reviews available?

Marilee

• Like 1

• 4 months later...
On 8/7/2021 at 9:18 AM, margord said:

Not sure if you will see this or not but just wanted to tell you I have read your review on the Norwegian Forjds that we "hope" to go to in June/July 2022.  I enjoyed it so much I also ready Cuba and this one on the Med.  I enjoyed them all immensely.  Thank you so much.  Are there any more of your reviews available?

Marilee

Marilee- just stumbled upon your post. Thanks for reading my reviews!

Here is the complete list of my CC reviews. My most recent from November 2021 appears in my signature below....enjoy!

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1D9lM64PLGpfGZcd8lirSL9ps3I4QB0__-mYm7AhkgUI/edit

Norris