Regal Interior Sideways Cabins

Nāmaka

Are all the sideways cabins created equally' date=' or are there some that are different/better layout or location? Any decks or areas to avoid?

Thanks![/color']

A quick search found numerous threads on this question, here is one with a link in the first few posts to Daves photos....

http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=5&cad=rja&uact=8&ved=0CCsQFjAE&url=http%3A%2F%2Fboards.cruisecritic.com%2Fshowthread.php%3Ft%3D2035996&ei=Z3JPVb2EJIj7sAW_zoHQBg&usg=AFQjCNEtnu5KYqlO3rlHweyvnRMAuwHE0w&sig2=nRxs-hF9hTVnmBWUjt7hHQ

Avoid one for 3-4 people. Beds are on the side walls and take up a lot of space IMHO. The online deck plan does not show which cabins have the extra beds but if you change the number of passengers to 3 or 4 then only those cabins will be shown.

<<<Karen>>>

I may be mistaken, but the Princess Cruises website will not show you which sideways-inside cabins are of triple/quad occupancy, and as mentioned before, these are the ones you really want to avoid if there is just going to be two people in the cabin. And the stateroom accommodations on Regal Princess and Royal Princess are going to be identical so, if you don't have a Cruise Atlas you can use this PDF file of Royal Princess to check if available cabins are a double/quad...

https://book.princess.com/pdf/onesource/pc/deckplans/PC_Royal_Deckplans.pdf

Here is a post I made on a recent thread regarding inside-sideways cabins:

For double occupancy, if you are looking at one of the Sideways Inside cabins, my best recommendations based on personal experience would be either:

R405/406

A405/406

B405/406

C405/406:

Here are some pictures I took of Inside Quads on Royal Princess...

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showpost.php?p=40902059&postcount=461

And here are some pictures I took of C406 on Royal Princess, an Inside Sideways cabin with the beds in the queen configuration:

SET 1

SET 2

Some thoughts I had posted a while back on another thread regarding this cabin:

I had an inside 'sideways' cabin for two weeks aboard Royal Princess and really never had any issues with noise coming from the corridor. The cabin door does not have the air grating at the bottom that is found on the Grand-class ship doors, so there was no seepage of noise from outside the cabin. One key tip is that after you shut and lock your door, give it another push to ensure the door seals within the frame. I did this every night and would hear it 'click' into place.

Being a light sleeper myself, I was also concerned about the fact that the beds where right there at the 'front door' of the stateroom, and not at the end of the little entrance 'hall' in the cabin past the bathroom like in a regular inside cabin. This for me turned out to be a non-issue. I actually preferred the sideways layout of the cabins on Royal Princess than the normal inside cabin I had on Ruby Princess the year prior.

I also found the storage and shelving quite adequate, and stored quite a bit of stuff under the bed including my ginormous suitcase.

This is from the review I wrote from the 2 weeks I spent on Royal Princess:

CABIN: I had C406, a 'sideways' inside, for two weeks. Location was perfect, with no cabin forward of me, and quick access to the amidships elevators, or just a bit further walk to the forward elevators and stairs.

The cabin layout has it that both bathrooms and closet areas of my cabin and the one aft of it are back-to-back, so noise from the other cabins bedroom area and TV were never an issue, nor did I actually ever hear anything at all from the other cabin during the two weeks I was aboard ship. The head of my bed was facing the bow end, the foot of the bed facing toward the aft end.

Storage space was plenty for me, and I never used most of the drawers in the bedroom area or shelves in the two smaller closet areas. A lot of my items I just kept in my suitcase or carry-on and pulled them out as I needed them. My large suitcase fit easily under the bed. The pump dispensers in the shower were a nice addition, but I always bring my own from home. The position of the toilet paper dispenser was a non-issue.

WiFi from the cabin worked quite well, as did the A/C, and TV. No issues with shower water pressure or temperature.

The interactive TV offered a lot more options than I could ever have used in the time I was aboard ship.

The Intranet was great, and although I save the Patters as a keepsake, I never really used the paper version, always opting to use my iPhone instead. Not only does the Intranet list all ships activities and venues, but also lists menus for most all restaurants except the MDR.

C406

11210019424_1b3c8970a5_c.jpg

Thanks everyone for your responses. Another question. Do any of the sideway quads have the extra beds recessed in the ceiling' date=' or are they all on the walls? [/color']

All of the ones I saw were on the walls. Only the balcony cabins had bunk beds that recessed into the ceilings.

:D

I may be mistaken, but the Princess Cruises website will not show you which sideways-inside cabins are of triple/quad occupancy

Dave, there is a tab on the deck plan page where one can enter the number of passengers 1-4 then it will highlight cabins on that deck that hold that number of PAX you choose. ;)

Dave, there is a tab on the deck plan page where one can enter the number of passengers 1-4 then it will highlight cabins on that deck that hold that number of PAX you choose. ;)

What? Something that actually makes it easy without looking at multiple deck plans and PDF's? Never! ;)

P.S. Thanks. Since I travel solo (single occupant, one person, just me and my lonesome) I'd forgotten about the option to choose up to four people.

Edited by dmwnc1959

What? Something that actually makes it easy without looking at multiple deck plans and PDF's? Never! ;)

P.S. Thanks. Since I travel solo (single occupant, one person, just me and my lonesome) I'd forgotten about the option to choose up to four people.

Yeah but I still miss the old square and triangle symbols. :)

That is so cool. Thanks. I never knew about that feature before. :D

We are planning a trip on the Regal next year. For this cruise there is only 1 sea day, so I don't want to waste money on a balcony (just the two of us)-- I understand that the inside cabins for 2, category 1A are a little larger than the other sideways cabins. Dave described 406 which sounds great. I'm wondering if R430 works the same way on the other end. Now the elevator is in front of it, don't know if this creates noise or not. We usually like to be a few cabins from the elevators-- we were in a balcony cabin R444 on the Royal--- but the diagram shows something behind the elevators and behind the cabin. Any assistance with this is greatly appreciated.

We are planning a trip on the Regal next year. For this cruise there is only 1 sea day, so I don't want to waste money on a balcony (just the two of us)-- I understand that the inside cabins for 2, category 1A are a little larger than the other sideways cabins. Dave described 406 which sounds great. I'm wondering if R430 works the same way on the other end. Now the elevator is in front of it, don't know if this creates noise or not. We usually like to be a few cabins from the elevators-- we were in a balcony cabin R444 on the Royal--- but the diagram shows something behind the elevators and behind the cabin. Any assistance with this is greatly appreciated.

I would not! I repeat would not book any inside that shares a wall with an elevator shaft. :mad: Bad noise issues! :(

• Like 1

If the choice is still there, I would take R406 over R430. I've been checking out the sideways cabins as I'm in A217 for a long cruise. For myself, I try to book between cabins rather than blank spaces on the diagram, not always possible.

Looking at pictures + you tube, there is a short clip of R431 so R430 would be the same cabin layout. I like it plus the extra shelves!

That's what I was wondering-- so the wall actually shares the elevator shaft? No space between wall and elevator? My brother has an apartment in a building where the elevator is behind his living room. But inside apartment you wouldn't know it, as aparently there is a buffer zone between the elevator shaft and his back wall. So I was just wondering if it is the same thing on this ship. I probably will just try to get R406 then- I prefer aft to mid ship location, and 430 is the closest to what I am used to. But 406 isn't far from there anyway.

I just wish I could hear from someone who was actually in 430 or 431 to know if there really was elevator noise......(even on other decks)

R431 (I assume the sister cabin to R430 just on the other side of the ship) had zero elevator noise and was in a corner- we heard very little hallway noise.

I like being on Riviera deck as it is only 2 deck up to the buffet, which for Canada sailing, we will use most of the time----

I guess I could switch to the other cabin by the elevator- on Princess I always book port side...but since so many people endorse 406, I'll just stick with it for this trip.

I like being on Riviera deck as it is only 2 deck up to the buffet, which for Canada sailing, we will use most of the time----

I guess I could switch to the other cabin by the elevator- on Princess I always book port side...but since so many people endorse 406, I'll just stick with it for this trip.

You won't be disappointed. And 406 is on the port side!

Thanks everyone for your responses. Another question. Do any of the sideway quads have the extra beds recessed in the ceiling' date=' or are they all on the walls? [/color']

I was on the Regal in February, B316 and we had a sideway's cabin. It was me and my mom so we used the twin configuration. Our room had the upper berths that laid against the wall. We didn't find them a nuisance at all. Actually, we utilized the corners to hang clothes on to help pull out wrinkles.

Having never been on princess prior to that, the side inside cabin was a first for me and i found it very spacious, all things considered.