AlI Inside Cabins Sold Out

getupgo

My cruise is October 8, 2016 and there are no Inside cabins available. This is the first time I have ever reserved guarantee and I am very nervous. Does this mean we will get a really bad location? Has anyone ever seen this in the past? The ship is NCL Jade.

My cruise is October 8, 2016 and there are no Inside cabins available. This is the first time I have ever reserved guarantee and I am very nervous. Does this mean we will get a really bad location? Has anyone ever seen this in the past? The ship is NCL Jade.

For Oct 30 2016 transatlantic on the Jade we've chosen an inside guarantee because it was cheapest. In the past we've had an inside under a dining room area, an inside close to bow. Neither are considered desirable locations but were okay for us.

Yes, you could get a bad location but you could also get a very good one since some people cancel at final payment time.

Edited by NMLady

If you were allowed to book an inside gty, then they are not truly "sold out"...the cruise line has blocked enough to give you what you paid for. No worries.

Yes..a gty can be ANYWHERE....but an inside cabin is an inside cabin. They're all the same!

It probably means you will get an upgrade IF no one cancels. Another option would be to call NCL 4 weeks out from your cruise and offer to pay for an upgrade if you don't like your cabin assignment or if it is still not assigned and you want to take control of the situation.

Here's a great review of the Jade - Enjoy it is a lovely ship:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2325153

When booking GTY then you have to ask yourself "If i am assigned what I perceive to be the worst cabin in that category would it ruin my trip?" If the answer is yes, then you really shouldn't have booked GTY. You then need to pony up the $$$ a pay for the cabin you want. I have had good luck with GTY on NCL but again I asked myself that question above.