Carnival fascination january 12 2015

AHOY SHIPMATES

JUST RETURNED FROM 5 DAY CRUISE AND BOOKED TWO 5 DAY B2B

CRUISES FOR NEXT JAN AFTER THE HOLIDAY PRICES GO DOWN

WILL BE ON THIS ONE AND THE 17th. live just 10 miles (15 min) from the port. If you are not from Jax or are new cruisers and have any questions just ASK. maybe I can answer .

gary

• 4 months later...
PC I was thinking is parking at the 5 dollar parking lot

I saw 2 years ago hopefully they are still there

You will see a guy w a sign as soon as you turn into the street that take you to port

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

That lot was closed last year......

Oh no well thanks for the info

We cruised from Jacksonville in February and used a park and shuttle company. I'll look and see if I still have the name of it and post it here.

We had good service from them and it wasn't expensive at all.

PC I was thinking is parking at the 5 dollar parking lot

I saw 2 years ago hopefully they are still there

You will see a guy w a sign as soon as you turn into the street that take you to port

Jetway Parking is who we used. It is close to the airport and port and we had no issues going to the ship or returning back to the car.

Hope this helps!

We cruised from Jacksonville in February and used a park and shuttle company. I'll look and see if I still have the name of it and post it here.

We had good service from them and it wasn't expensive at all.

AHOY SHIPMATES,..........Parking changes every few months but we have found that V.I.P. parking on AIRPORT rd. (next to Park n ride) is the fastest ,better busses and most professional. The total cost with tax is $37.and change . same as the other one. No reservations needed. If you book on line some of the websites charge $5 more. You cannot get in till 1045 because the port will not let anyone in till 1100. Hope this helps. SEA you in JANUARY

gary

Yay, I am grateful to find this thread and pick everyone's brain!!!

We are sailing for the first time as a family 1/3-8...Hubs, myself, DD (7), DS (4), and my parents. We are booked for the night before the cruise at the Fairfield Airport location. My parents are flying and we are driving.

Re: VIP parking...how long does it take once you disembark to get back to the car lot?

And an unrelated parking question...how cold is the water in the Bahamas in Jan? Trying to figure out if the Dolphin encounter would be worth it if the water is frigid!

Thanks all!!!

Yay, I am grateful to find this thread and pick everyone's brain!!!

We are sailing for the first time as a family 1/3-8...Hubs, myself, DD (7), DS (4), and my parents. We are booked for the night before the cruise at the Fairfield Airport location. My parents are flying and we are driving.

Re: VIP parking...how long does it take once you disembark to get back to the car lot?

And an unrelated parking question...how cold is the water in the Bahamas in Jan? Trying to figure out if the Dolphin encounter would be worth it if the water is frigid!

Thanks all!!!

AHOY SHIPMATES,

V.I.P. Parking is best Approx 30 min from luggage pick up to arr at your car under normal conditions (po po happens)

Water is warm in the Bahamas Dolphin tour is a popular one. So is the sting ray one at half moon cay

• 3 weeks later...
AHOY SHIPMATES,..........Parking changes every few months but we have found that V.I.P. parking on AIRPORT rd. (next to Park n ride) is the fastest ,better busses and most professional. The total cost with tax is $37.and change . same as the other one. No reservations needed. If you book on line some of the websites charge $5 more. You cannot get in till 1045 because the port will not let anyone in till 1100. Hope this helps. SEA you in JANUARY

gary

That is why we park at the port. :eek: May be more money to park, but far cheaper for us. Last Sept. 27th, handicapped parking, after we got back on 10/2, went to the car and home by 9:30. Called our friends who parked at the lot by the airport, some hadn`t gotten there yet, they were all from SC & Ga. Cheapest isn`t always the best, all depends on how fast you want to get home. Like you said: sea you in Jan., but we will be back in Feb. ourselves. Bon Voyage again. :D:D Oh, forgot to mention, we are all diamond or platinum.

Edited by alfthecruiser_1

AHOY SHIPMATES,

PARKING is like the crap table, I dont doubt anything you have said but I have used V.I.P. parking 7 times in the past 10 months and have never had any problems. Once we had a 20 min wait to get to the pier because WE arrived too early. Getting back to our car has always been expeditious. Maybe pure luck, but for the $40.00 savings each time , I consider it a good deal.

It's one of those choices we all have to make and I hope my luck continues to be GOOD. Am leaving Sunday for a 21 day caribbean cruise from TAMPA on HAL. We use a one day rental each way with great service to n from pier by the rental Co. That is definitely a much better deal that pier parking.

Have a great holiday and wonderful cruise......I know the chocolate melting cake is very popular but suggest you try the BLACK FORREST GATEAU on the first night in the MDR. Also the KEY LIME cake/pie the next day at noon in the LIDO

gary

It's good to hear your experience has been positive with ViP. Ours have been progressively bad, ending with last August. New ownership maybe? Surly, unorganized and horribly slow. Waiting on their dilapidated shuttle in the sun with a restless, ugly crowd was not how we like to end a cruise. Our experience, but there were many more that vowed never again. Maybe new ownership?

Also the KEY LIME cake/pie the next day at noon in the LIDO

gary

I always forget about getting this yummy dessert. Since I will be doing a B2B- I hope I remember to find the key lime pie on the Lido deck on the first sea day! It is yummy!! Thanks for the reminder ;)

It's good to hear your experience has been positive with ViP. Ours have been progressively bad, ending with last August. New ownership maybe? Surly, unorganized and horribly slow. Waiting on their dilapidated shuttle in the sun with a restless, ugly crowd was not how we like to end a cruise. Our experience, but there were many more that vowed never again. Maybe new ownership?

YOU SOLVED THE PROBLEM when you said 'DILAPIDATED' old bus. The good lot is the one next to that one. You were at EZ Park. They use an old trailor/office and have what looks like an old prison bus w no air condition.

V.I.P has new busses and 9 person vans and are always organized. (we used the other one once when we were just starting to cruise on the Fascination.

Our neighbor and us swop rides to port unless busy on that day.

It is 9.6 miles from my house to ship and TAXI is $39.00 each way...no thanks.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...